new user of BIRT chart

mani
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,
I m using BIRT chart Engine from a last week
I m able to show the chart as a PNG image using BIRT chart Api by using java

Now i want to show the chart on a webpage in the form of image only ,no applet ,no viewer.

I search through google what i got is two options:
1: use of servlet to show chart on webpage
from the examples provided at
org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples_2.1.1.v20070705-1847 plugine in chart Engine

2:jsp chart tag library to show the chart image on webpage
It take the input as XML file or java instance which create the chart
I got the example for this from chart-viewer-sampple.war file from chart engine download.
But to create chart by using xml file we need XML tag library and i m not able to find that.
bcause i just got two chartexample in form of xml
so is thr any way to create chart by using XML tag?
Is BIRT chart provides xml tag library to create chart?

please help me?

thanks
mani

Comments

• Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi mani,<br />
    <br />
    There is a BIRT Charting tag library available since BIRT 2.2. The easiest way to see it working quickly is to create a new BIRT Charting Web Project. This is available as one of the choices under the Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools category. You can then see the available tags by creating a new JSP page and selecting the template with 'BIRT Chart tag' support. (see screenshot) This just adds the location to the TLD file.<br />
    <br />
    <%@ taglib uri="/chart.tld" prefix="chart" %><br />
    <br />
    After that you can add code like below to render the charts.<br />
    <br />
    <chart:renderChart height="500" model="<%=session.getServletContext().getRealPath("SampleBar.chart")%>" output="JPG" width="500"></chart:renderChart><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    There is an example in the DevShare entry titled, "BIRT Charting API Report and API Examples EclipseCon2008", available at <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=340'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=340</a&gt;
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb