Chart file created won't display in IE6

cypherdj
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,<br />
<br />
I've created a report with a standard pie chart (format=png), which displays fine in Eclipse preview.<br />
<br />
I've integrated the BIRT webViewerExample within my app and the report is generated, I can see the image file created in the image directory (manually set in web.xml as per previous posts on this forum). I also included a footer in the corresponding table, which displays the following expression: <br />
reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getSession() .getId();<br />
This displays on the report as:<br />
6E9E2D1943A09F8122AC5931EBB226B7<br />
<br />
The url for the image in the report is:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://localhost:8080/showcase/preview?__imageID=customd821c81193e0d7af61.png'>http://localhost:8080/showcase/preview?__imageID=customd821c81193e0d7af61.png</a><br />
<br />
I can see this image in the appropriate folder:<br />
<webapp>reportMyDocumentsMyImages6E9E2D1943A09F8122AC5931EBB226B7customd821c81193e0d7af61.png<br />
<br />
As per another previous post, I also specifically set cookies="true" in tomcat/conf/context.xml as well as in tomcat/conf/server.xml<br />
<br />
I'm using:<br />
BIRT 2.2.2 framework and runtime,<br />
Eclipse 3.3<br />
Tomcat 5.5.25 (running within Eclipse using server.xml context declaration mode Windows->Preferences->Tomcat)<br />
<br />
I've also set IE6 to always allow session cookies in Tools->Internet Options->Privacy->Advanced.<br />
<br />
In order to exclude my own report design from the possible causes, I've also tested the TopSellingProducts.rptdesign example and the same problem occurs with the pie chart and embedded image.<br />
<br />
Finally, I've attached the report engine log (level=FINEST) accessing both logs for good measure! ;-)<br />
<br />
If anyone has any idea what could cause the image not to display in the browser, any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated,<br />
<br />
Kind regards,<br />
Cedric

Comments

• cypherdj
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    I found the cause of my problem. Basically, I was using the web.xml from birt 2.1.3, which does not contain the servlet mapping for /preview.