IDE Modifications - XMLSpy - to use with TS

System
System Administrator
Has anyone attempted to customize an IDE for use with TeamSite?
I need to modify xmlSpy to authenticate against TeamSite, and have menu options to submit content from the xmlSpy interface. We have a few select users that would like to use the xmlSpy application to create content and submit it to teamsite.

I am planning on using the OpenAPI libraries for this. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Comments

• I am assuming that your users do not want to use the TeamSite UIs to perform these operations but would rather do it from within XMLSpy.

Currently, there are integrations with other XML editing tools that are available (Corel XMetaL and Arbortext Epic). These tools have used OpenAPI to build their integrations to TeamSite and TeamXML.

As long as you can write Java code and add customizations to XMLSpy, you could build features like download, upload, submit, update etc.

Just a couple of things that come to mind with regards to submit :

The OpenAPI submit currently performs the equivalent of "submit direct" and if you want to include "approval chains" and kick off workflows you have to use the Workflow service in OpenAPI

OpenAPI supports invoking TeamSite jobs using the Workflow service, but you cannot use the "workflow template" files that the Webdesk and Webdesk Pro UI's use. You have to provide OpenAPI with the final XML job file in order to start a job.

I hope this helps
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs