Grid overlaps text in pdf report

hgk
hgk
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have some text in the grid in a pdf report. In some windows environments, the grid overlaps the text. It happens with Serif-bold and San serif-bold&plain.

My guess is, the font height is incorrectly computed in these environments.

Any idea how to fix this problem? I have attached a bmp file to demonstrate this problem.

Thanks,
Bindu

Comments

• Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi hgk,

Do you have a simple example that shows this? I cant replicate this problem in BIRT 2.2.2 that Im using. What version of BIRT are you using?

One workaround that might work is to set the height of your grid row to a fixed value.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • hgk
    hgk
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi Virgil,

Thanks for your reply. In my first message, I have attached a zip file that contains the bmp file that shows the problem. Now I have attached one more example in a zip file that contains the bmp file.

Text overlap happens all over the report not just inside the grid. It only happens on our tech writer's windows XP environment. It is fine on all the developers' windows XP environments.

I am using Birt 2.2.1.1.

Thanks,
    Bindu
  • Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Do you know what the differences between the machines are? like different versions of Windows XP, Home vs Pro? Also, if this happens only with a single font style, could this be a missing font problem? Does this only happen in the Designer Preview window or through an application. It sounds like a bug so I'm wondering if you have tried any of the newer versions of BIRT like 2.2.2 or the 2.3 Milestones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • hgk
    hgk
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Hi Virgil,

I tried Birt 2.2.2. The problem is still there.
    It is Windows XP Professional.
    It happens through the application.
    The fonts are available on the machine. I tried 2 fonts. It happens with Serif-bold and San serif-bold&plain.

The difference I see is, there is 3GB memory on my machine and 3.25GB on the other machine with font problem.

I have Adobe Acobat 7.0.0 and the other machine has Adobe 7.0.9. The tech writer also has Adobe Framemaker because she writes pdf docs.

Thanks,
    Bindu