Scaling image size

ChrisJones
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

I just updated from BIRT 2.1.2 to 2.2.2. I have an image at the top of all of my reports. The image is pulled from a database, and is usually larger than the portrait-oriented reports. In the old version, the image scaled down to be the same width as the column. In the new version, there is no scaling and it just gets cut off. I have tried playing around with the size property (size-to-image, scale-to-item...) but nothing seems to change it.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Chris,

I am using version 2.2.2 as well. I set up a sample report with an image in the header of the table. In the pdf output, it cut off the image no matter what setting I had set, just like you described. It very well could be a bug. If you have extra cells available next to your image that you're not using, you could merge the cells to allow the picture to have more room. You could also just try resizing the image you're bringing in in an image editing program so that it fits without having to be resized by BIRT. If I come up with anything else, I'll post it to this thread.

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • ChrisJones
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Thanks for the reply/confirmation.

I have done your suggestion and made the source image smaller. Unfortunately that makes the landscape-oriented reports look a bit off, since the header is a ribbon image that should span the width of the page. But I suppose it beats having it cut off.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Chris,<br />
    <br />
    It looks like there is one thing you can do to make it smaller without having to change the image size. It may not work for your application but, if you click on the image item, go to the advanced section in the Property Editor, then go to the Report Item section of that. You can change the height and width there til it looks right in your report.<br />
    <br />
    I went back and looked in version 2.1, and it does resize just like you said. I then tried it in 2.2 again and in the latest release of 2.3. It didn't work in either of those, so this is definitely a bug. You can go report this as a bug at:<br />
    <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/</a><br />
    <br />
    Regards,<br />
    <br />
    Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • ChrisJones
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Done :)

-Chris