Filtering ODA DataSets

WFG
WFG
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
How do I filter an XML-datasource-based dataset?
I can´t set the "this.queryText" or something like that and I would like to filter the resulting report by a report-parameter?
any idea?

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi WFG,

If you're just filtering a table based off of a report parameter, you should be able to go to the filters tab in the property editor for the table and make a new filter. Under expression, you can choose the column you're wanting to filter by. Next, choose the operator (i.e. greater than, less than, equal to..etc) that you're wanting to use. Then, the value should be the parameter value, params["parameterName"].

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • WFG
    WFG
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Hi WFG,<br />
    <br />
    If you're just filtering a table based off of a report parameter, you should be able to go to the filters tab in the property editor for the table and make a new filter. Under expression, you can choose the column you're wanting to filter by. Next, choose the operator (i.e. greater than, less than, equal to..etc) that you're wanting to use. Then, the value should be the parameter value, params["parameterName"].<br />
    <br />
    Regards,<br />
    <br />
    Michael</p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Many thanks Michael...it's a bit more difficult, I think. The DataSource I use is XML-based. So I don´t have any "filter tab" ?!?!?!?<br />
    Maybe the filtering can be archieved programaticly? I don't have any idea!<br />
    <br />
    Wil
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Wil,

I used an XML datasource as well. Once the data is in a table, however, you can use the filter tab for the table down in the property editor and create a filter based off of the report parameter that you're wanting to use.

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb