Creating multiple data set editor pages in ODA wizard

kpeters
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hello All,

I want to breakup the data set wizard of the ODA I am working on into multiple pages to allow the user to refine their query in specific stages. I think that I can persist the user's selection across the pages using the DataSetDesign's public properties, but I need to know how to go about adding multiple pages and linking them together by clicking the previous and next buttons (how to define the first and last page?). The XML and Web Service ODAs do this, but I can't seem to get the source for these UIs. Any pointers or code is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin

Comments

• PuckPuck
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    If using the wizard to create the ODA UI, you can do this by modifying the plugin.xml and adding new classes as referenced in the plugin.xml file.

I attached an image which shows where on the plugin.xml file you would set this up. The class you need to create would be the wizardPageClass property of this extension point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • kpeters
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.
  • kpeters
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Ok, I'm good with my multiple dataset wizard pages but am having problems passing information between the pages. It seems I can only set the public properties on the DataSetDesign when the user clicks finish on the last page. I need a way for the pages to set and access public properties in real time as the user is toggling between the pages. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • kpeters
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Nevermind, I got it. I used the idea of the XMLInformationHolder from the XML ODA to share data between the data set pages and refresh them.