An error happened while running the report

Options
Rain
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
hi, i have done a report using the report engine api.,.

i am trying to run the report in a pdf format..and i always end up with these error..
i'm definitely sure that the ReportEngine/lib jars were in my plugins..
can anybody help me with these error..pls?

Jun 26, 2008 3:27:48 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask doRun
SEVERE: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.createContentEmitter(EngineTask.java:1060)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:88)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:68)
at com.pbi.qa.qs.dcn.backingbean.SelectReportBackingBean.runReport(SelectReportBackingBean.java:124)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:132)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:61)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:109)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot.processEvents(AjaxViewRoot.java:180)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot.broadcastEvents(AjaxViewRoot.java:158)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot.processApplication(AjaxViewRoot.java:329)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationExecutor.execute(InvokeApplicationExecutor.java:32)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:95)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:70)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.xmlfilter.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:96)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.xmlfilter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:147)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report

Comments

• cypherdj
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    The error line given (EngineTask: 1060) at the top of the stacktrace indicates that the IRenderOption object is null.

When you create your IRunAndRenderTask, do you call
    runAndRenderTask.setRenderOption(myOption);

before you call
    runAndRenderTask.run();

Hope that helps,
    Cedric
  • Rain
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    hey, thank's for the reply..i finally figured it out,.

i have misplaced the code,
    --- task.setRenderOption(this.getOptions());
    i put it at a wrong method..
  • cypherdj
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    No problem, glad I could help.