Disable print-to-fit for PDF output

roopurt18
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have birt installed as part of a tomcat installation. My web application links to my reports with a parameter <em class='bbc'>__format=pdf</em> to force the reports out as PDFs. I've recently upgraded my runtime to 2-2-2 and now my PDFs are scaling to fit on a single page.<br />
<br />
All I can find regarding this is from the New and Notable Features page:<br />
<em class='bbc'>Additionally, the PDF emitter has been improved to support print to fit functionality as illustrated below. When print to fit is set correctly within the engine the PDF emitter will automatically scale the report output to fit on a single PDF page.</em><br />
<br />
Can someone please tell me how to disable this feature before I lose all my hair?

Comments

• cypherdj
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    according to the field guide to reporting, there is a IPDFRenderOption.FIT_TO_PAGE constant. I would assume this to be used in conjunction with IPDFRenderOption.setOption(String name, Object value).<br />
    <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/documentation/BIRT_220/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/documentation/BIRT_220/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm</a><br />
    (select BIRT Programmer reference -> API reference -> Report Engine API reference)<br />
    <br />
    As to what the value should be, I could find nothing in the documentation. You might want to try passing in a Boolean.<br />
    <br />
    Hope that gets you started,<br />
    Cedric
  • roopurt18
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Thank you for your response.

Being somewhat new to BIRT, I have no idea where to place that function call. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction with that regard?

Also, I've noticed many of the .jar files have .options.ini files. Might it be possible to place a line in one of these files so I don't have to script this behavior into every single report?

Thanks again for your help.
  • cypherdj
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    How do you deploy your application?

Do you use the Birt viewer or your own viewer and the report engine API?

What I suggested earlier is the solution to your problem for the latter, where you would instantiate an IPDFRenderOption object and set the previously mentioned option (presumably to false).

If you are using the Birt viewer, I'm afraid I don't know enough to be able to help you with this.

Regards,
    Cedric