Printing, export with BIRT Viewer within RCP

luki
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi guys,
please help me with some links about this topic or anything..

I have integrated BIRT Viewer into RCP Application. BIRT Viewer is working, it generates HTML report correctly.
I'd like to export somehow my reports to the PDF file and save it to the given location or print it.

My problems:
1)
If I use 'print to the server' function, it pretends it works, because it shows the confirmation dialog with the text 'Sent document file to the selected printer on the server.' But unfortunately after pressing OK, nothing happens ..I would expect my report will be printed ..or?

2)
Further I am confused with the 'export report' function. If I wanna export to Word, excel, .ppt it asks me for the exported file location (where the file will be saved).

2.1)
But during the export to PDF it doesn't ask for the location. Instead it generates PDF report directly to BIRT Viewer, but in this case function buttons (print on server, export, TOC...) disappear. So I am not able to print this nice pdf report or save it somewhere.

2.2)
Another thing, that I don't understand is, that export to word, excel, ppt works ..it creates a file at given location, but content of file is unacceptable:

- report in HTML looks like this:

User Name Duration
xy Xyzy 35

- exported report in word looks like this:

User
Name
Duration
xy
Xyzy

Could somebody help me with explanation of this behaviour or finding a solution for print report or save it as PDF?

Any help/info appriciated.

Greets,
Luki