MetaTagger Questions

Options
I have a quick question regarding MetaTagger 3.5.

We have a system of zones for the distribution of our products. The zones further have sub zones to which a retailer belongs. We propose to set metadata through TeamSite Extended Attributes on each of the retailers. All retailers in a zone will share some EA's, and all sub-zonal members also share some EA's. The question is, when a retailer transfers from say, sub-zone California-A to sub zone California-B -- is it possible, by a script or otherwise, to ensure that the retailer possesses the correct zonal and sub-zonal EA's ??

Comments

• I'm not exactly sure I know what you're asking - are the 'zones' nodes in a vocabulary or are these elements used in custom EA's that you are assigning through some custom process?

If the latter - then yes, you could create a script that found all the entries for one 'zone' and changed them to another - though you'll probably get better performance if all the file paths and associated EAs are transferred to a DB when submitted, thus you could perform a single query to retrieve the list of files that need to have their EAs adjusted rather than traversing the entire filesystem running iwextattr on each and every file.

If the former is the situation - perhaps you can provide a bit more contextual description?

--fish
    (Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
  • The situation is the latter. Thanks for the suggestion and the reply-- I will incorporate file paths to improve performance.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs