Installing MT on seperate server

Hi,
I have installed MetaTagger on a seperate server. Added the MT server name and ports to iw.cfg on the TeamSite server. Furthermore the following files were missing from TeamSiteserver/httpd/iw-bin: mtmetacallback.cgi, mtmetacallback.ipl, mtmetaproxy.cgi and mtmetaproxy.ipl. I have copied those file to the directory, but keep getting an error stating:
TeamSite: "Wrapper
Error: Error trying to open a pipe to d:\iw-home\httpd\iw-bin\mtmetaproxy.cgi".
Is there something that I have left out pre/during/post installation. We are running on W2K, TeamSite 5.5 and MT 3.5.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• This is a supported configuration. From the information you provided it looks like your situation will take some debugging. It's probably best that you open a support case. The files missing from iw-bin suggests a failed installation.

lissa
  • Yeah, but i performed the installation on a seperate server so I cannot see how the files were going to end up in the TeamSite server anywayz. I'll try a re installation, and see whether that makes a difference. Still upon for new ideas.
  • Hi Lissa,
    I tried with a re-installation and I think I got it right this time. Thanks for your time anywayz.
  • FYI,

In the separate MT server use-case besided installing MT on the separate machine you need to install some MT "TeamSite extensions" on the TS machine. The documentation should cover this. For example:

"If you want a two-system setup, you must run the installer once on the TeamSite host and
    then a second time on the other host. On the TeamSite host, install only the MetaTagger
    TeamSite extensions; on the second host, install only the MetaTagger server. Take care to
    select the appropriate component when the installer prompts you."

Edited by jpierre on 06/16/03 11:04 AM (server time).

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs