Group footer at bottom of page

ChrisXL
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have a requirement for my group footer to be positioned right at the bottom of the page. This is due to using pre-printed stationery.

Attached is a report (2.5.2) using the sample database that demonstrates the problem.

I have spent a good few hours looking through these forums for suggestions but I have not found a suitable solution. I have seen some suggestions that involve counting the number of rows on the page and inserting blank rows to push the footer down the page, but unfortunately this is no good as the detail rows in the my table are not of fixed height – one of the detail columns is a html-formatted note about the item that may be any size.

I can’t see a way to use the master page footer either as the information I want to display comes from the data set.

The report will be generated using a RunAndRender task and it is the PDF output that is important.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Chris.

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Chris,

Can you post some example HTML formatted text as it is in your dataSet?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • ChrisXL
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    The HTML could be anything - in our software free-text "notes" can be added to an order item. We need this included in the report, but the point is it could take up any amount of vertical space.<br />
    <br />
    For example it could be something like:<br />
    <br />
    <html><br />
    <body><br />
    <h2>Alternative item</h2><br />
    <p>Alternative item ordered because part <strong class='bbc'>1999 VW Golf GTi</strong> will not be in stock<br />
    for 10 weeks.</p>
    <p><em class='bbc'>Normal return policy applies.</em></p>
    </body><br />
    </html>