Calendar view in Birt

mennovh
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have asked to create a Foward Schedule of Change using Birt 2.2.1.1.

What my boss wants is a Calendar view for a month (like in Outlook) that per calendar day shows which Changes are due to implemented on that day.

I can create the data sets I need but am having difficulty creating something that resembles a Calendar view.

I have created a crosstab that creates a view for a month that looks like a calendar linked to one data set. I now need to display data from another dataset and using the groups of the crosstab as filters. To do this I have inserted a list in the crosstab summary field and link this to a different dataset. I then use the date value from the crosstab as a filter on the list. However when I run the report I get a Birt error :

ReportDesign (id = 1):
+ The filter definition using expression "row["start_date"]" is not valid.
A BIRT exception occurred: Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot read property "report_date" from null
Script source: source, line: 0, text:
data._outer["report_date"]. See next exception for more information.
Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: TypeError: Cannot read property "report_date" from null
Script source: source, line: 0, text:
data._outer["report_date"]

Any help with this issue or any ideas on another way to create this type of report in Birt would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi mennovh,

Can you create your current setup with the sample database or a flat file dataSource and post it in here, so I can run the report and see what you're doing exactly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • mennovh
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I have zipped the rptdesign and the two flat source files and have attached them.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    mennovh,

Try this out. I used a series of tables and a grid to create the look of a calendar and a list to filter down which items are "due" on that day. I changed your flat files just a bit so the dates could be brought in as dates, so you'll need to use the new flat files to run this report. Let me know if you have questions.
  • mennovh
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Mwilliams,

thank you very much for your solution. I should be able to further develop the report you made into what I need.

Regards,

Menno
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Menno,

Glad to help. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)
  • do you still have the deign file that comes with the 

Creating a BIRT Report as a Calendar View soloution