Setting the resourcePath on the EngineConfig

ChrisXL
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I would like to be able to get the EngineConfig to load BIRT resource files from a location on a different server, eg over HTTP. I haven't found a way to do this yet, and wouldn't be surprised if it is not possible. But I thought it would be worth asking the question here.

Some background...

I have successfully integrated BIRT with our EJB3 application, deployed in JBoss.

Within our software, users are able to change the BIRT resource files - to customise the look and feel of the standard reports that we provide.

We now have a requirement to move the report generation onto a separate server to our main application. To get this to work I have had to manually copy the BIRT resource files from the main application server to our report server. But this is not ideal as the code to allow modification of the resource files runs on the main application server. The BIRT instance on the report server loads the report design files via http from the application server which works fine.

Any suggestions or information about how the resources are loaded by the BIRT engine would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris.