Group page break inside avoid missing in version 2.3.2

wwilliams
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Is there any workaround to not having this option? At least I don't have it as a choice. I am fighting my page breaks in the Maximo Work Order Details report. The output and number of rows is very dynamic. I have a static table that is all labels for sign-offs etc. and I have found no way to keep that section\table together.
If there any way to determine the position on a page like with Actuate? Is there a way to determine I have n amount of space left and force a page break if there is not enough space remaining?

Thx.

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    The option doesn't exist in 2.3.2. I believe it was added back fully functioning in 2.5.x. If you wanted to work with a separate deployment of BIRT and just call your reports by URL from your app, you could use a newer version of BIRT that has this option. Another solution could be to keep a variable that tells you how many lines you are into a page by iterating a variable in the onCreate of your table row. You could reset it in the onPageBreak event. You could use this value to know approximately how far down the page you are when you get to this static table and could force a page break before if it wouldn't fit. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • wwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Michael,
    I could have upwards of 10 or more tables in the report, so it isn't clear how I would count unless it is a running total? So each onCreate would increment a global variable and say I get to 35 and force a page break?
    Is this what your are suggesting?

>Another solution could be to keep a variable that tells you how many lines you are into a page by iterating >a variable in the onCreate of your table row

Thx again,
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Yep, pretty much you'd initialize a variable to 0 in your initialize method, then you'd have to increment this variable in your onCreate script for your tables. When you get to a table that you don't want to possibly split over two pages, you'd check your variable and page break if there isn't enough space. Then, you'd reset your variable to 0 in the onPageBreak event. Theoretically, you'd only need to force the page break when you can't fit your table on the page. However, if a page break is not forced by the page break interval or by you in script, the onPageBreak script may not be called because of a bug in earlier versions when natural page breaks occur because of page size, so you might need to fine tune your report with a page break interval or by setting the page breaks on your own in script based on your running row count you're keeping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb