Actuate conversion launching report from report

wwilliams
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
In Actuate I launched a report from a method passing the parameters via the url.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>url="/acweb/newrequest/do_executereport.jsp?__saveOutput=True&folder=/rpt&volume=volume_name"
+ & "&serverurl=http://servername:8000&uroi_path=/rpt/PR/reports/&__executableName="
+ & "/rpt/PR/reports/prprint_act.rox"
. etc.
</pre>
<br />
How would I duplicate this with BIRT?<br />
Would IRunandRenderTask() be something I need to look at?<br />
<br />
This was not a "hyperlink" as the user just scrolled to the last page to launch the new report.

Comments

• johnw
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    There is an equivalent set of URL's to launch reports that will work with BIRT. In terms of how do you launch it, it is possible to do some Javascript on the client side to kick that off, but I am not real clear on the use case you are describing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • micajblock
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
    <br />
    This was not a "hyperlink" as the user just scrolled to the last page to launch the new report.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    What are you trying to accomplish (words not code)?
  • wwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mblock'" data-cid="96488" data-time="1329911243" data-date="22 February 2012 - 04:47 AM"><p>
    What are you trying to accomplish (words not code)?<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    I'd like to launch a report from a report without the user hyperlinking. In the case of the Actuate report, the user would go to/scroll to the footer of the first report which would launch the second report using an OnRow method.
  • johnw
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Do you need it to display in the same report? Open a separate window?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • wwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="97825" data-time="1331832856" data-date="15 March 2012 - 10:34 AM"><p>
    Do you need it to display in the same report? Open a separate window?<br /></p></blockquote>
    I need it in a separate window.
  • micajblock
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'wwilliams'" data-cid="97824" data-time="1331829577" data-date="15 March 2012 - 09:39 AM"><p>
    I'd like to launch a report from a report without the user hyperlinking. In the case of the Actuate report, the user would go to/scroll to the footer of the first report which would launch the second report using an OnRow method.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Theoretically this is possible by using a Text Item with script tags to trap the scroll down browser event and then firing a redirect. I do not have any examples for this.
  • wwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Well, I had a chance to get back to this and I added an onscroll event to a text control.
    Works fine if I run the report as HTML, but not within the Web Viewer.
    So I am not sure of anything else I could try.
  • micajblock
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    I think the issue here is that with Maximo 6 there was an iServer which had an URL based API that you could access. In Maximo 7 BIRT is embedded within Maximo and I am not aware of a URL to run reports.

Obviously if you purchase an iServer and access the reports via ERI, then all this is possible.