Postal Barcodes

Options
Bob_26
Bob_26 Member
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Does anyone have any idea if postal bar codes printing on envelopes are supported?
I'd like to include the ZIP/ZIP+4 bar codes in the destination address. Could the longer barcodes appears at the top of business envelope be included in it? I believe, but not sure they are called FIM-A and FIM-C at the left of the postage stamp. This would be a nice feature. I'm using OOo 3.2.0 on WinXP. What should I do to make this working? Thanks.

Comments

• Harriet_25
    Harriet_25 Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Actually it is possible. Which postal barcode do you want to print, POSTNET, PLANET, USPS OneCode, Royal Mail, Identcode or Leitcode? Barcode fonts are absolutely supported for the postal barcode. You may google it.
  • Lawrence_s
    Lawrence_s Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    You may need a barcode fonts. I am sorry that I have not used it on OpenOffice, so I couldn't give you a details.
  • Emma_27
    Emma_27 Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    Hi, it is easy to <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.keepautomation.com/products/barcode_fonts/linear_barcodes.html'>create a postal barcodes with Barcode True Type Fon</a>t. Just copy and paste the barcode fonts under the Fonts Folder, then, you can create the barcodes in your program
  • Felix_lee
    Felix_lee Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Options
    To print barcode on envelope, the very first thing you should do is to install a barcode control or barcode font, which supported generating barcode in varies application. Then connect to the printer to type the barcode.
  • clundquist
    clundquist Member
    edited December 8, 2012 #6
    Options
    I downloaded the free postnet barcode (uspsbarcode.ttf). Then, since a postal barcode uses check digits and requires to be formatted in a specific way, I created a computed column of type string with the following expression;<br />
    <br />
    var zipcode = row["zip_cd"].replace("-","");<br />
    var len = zipcode.length;<br />
    var total = 0;<br />
    var chk = 0;<br />
    <br />
    for ( var i = 0; i < len; i++ ) { <br />
    var val = parseInt(zipcode);<br />
    total = total + val;<br />
    }<br />
    <br />
    if (total > 0) {<br />
    chk = 10 - (total%10);<br />
    if (chk == 10) {<br />
    chk = 0;<br />
    }<br />
    }<br />
    <br />
    zipcode = "/" + zipcode + chk.toString() + ":";<br />
    <br />
    zipcode;<br />
    <br />
    Then just include your computed column on your report. Worked great for me.
  • Thomasssss
    Thomasssss Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Options
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Bob_26'" data-cid="99521" data-time="1335157087" data-date="22 April 2012 - 09:58 PM"><p>
    Does anyone have any idea if postal bar codes printing on envelopes are supported? <br />
    I'd like to include the ZIP/ZIP+4 bar codes in the destination address. Could the longer barcodes appears at the top of business envelope be included in it? I believe, but not sure they are called FIM-A and FIM-C at the left of the postage stamp. This would be a nice feature. I'm using OOo 3.2.0 on WinXP. What should I do to make this working? Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    What postal barcode type do you need? <br />
    <br />
    This <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.businessrefinery.com/products/barcode_birt/main.html'>BIRT barcode generator plugin</a> supports major postal barcode types, including USPS OneCode, PLANET, POSTNET, Identcode, Leitcode, RM4SCC. <br />
    Checksum is automatically calculated and added. <br />
    <br />
    Have a try by just drag it to your report to print barcodes. :)
  • Ryan2
    Ryan2 Member
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Options
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Bob_26'" data-cid="99521" data-time="1335157087" data-date="22 April 2012 - 09:58 PM"><p>
    Does anyone have any idea if postal bar codes printing on envelopes are supported? <br />
    I'd like to include the ZIP/ZIP+4 bar codes in the destination address. Could the longer barcodes appears at the top of business envelope be included in it? I believe, but not sure they are called FIM-A and FIM-C at the left of the postage stamp. This would be a nice feature. I'm using OOo 3.2.0 on WinXP. What should I do to make this working? Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
    Yes, it is supported to print postal bar codeds on envelopes. Postal barcodes contain several types, including POSTNET, PLANET, USPS OneCode, Royal Mail, Identcode and Leitcode. Actually, you can use a <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.onbarcode.com/products/birt_barcode/'>BIRT Barcode Generator Add-in</a>which supports to create all types of the Postal barcodes. It is convenient. You do not have to know much about any programming knowledge.