Enabling users to specify null

Jenkinsj5
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I am using BIRT 4.2 and deploying via Apache. My SQL education, is what I have picked up from modifying drag and drop tools.<br />
<br />
Per 'BIRT A Field Guide" Third Edition, page 341; All that is required for a user to be able to search for null is for the report developer (<em class='bbc'>me</em>) to un-check 'is required' when creating the parameter. I am using a dynamic list for the parameter.<br />
<br />
As best I can tell it actually sends "Null" as a string, and does not return the nulls, when the SQL is..<br />
<br />
<span style='color: #4B0082'>where</span> METADATA_DOMAIN <span style='color: #4B0082'>= ?</span><br />
<br />
I can get any value other then null, regardless of the check or un-check 'is required' <br />
<br />
<br />
When the SQL is <br />
<br />
<span style='color: #483D8B'>where</span> METADATA_DOMAIN <span style='color: #4B0082'>= ?</span><br />
<span style='color: #483D8B'>or</span> METADATA_DOMAIN <span style='color: #483D8B'>is null</span><br />
<br />
I can get any value and nulls, regardless of the check or un-check 'is required'<br />
<br />
Presumably I need to use something other than " <span style='color: #4B0082'>= ?</span> " in the SQL when passing either a " <span style='color: #4B0082'>is null </span>" command or string value. I looked around and don't find the answer so I guess it is really simple. (<em class='bbc'>or I just did not understand the answer when I saw it</em>)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments