Library Explorer

Jenkinsj5
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Running freeware BIRT 4.2.1 <br />
I have several Library items, that I use on my report. Data sources, Tables, Master Pages, Even Grids with messages. When I create them from scratch I build them on a report, than export to the Library, than delete from the report and add it back in from the Library, then use it over and over again from the library. Updates are made simulary, put on a report, update it then, export to the library again. I can access items in the library via the "Resource Explorer" view (Window > Show View > Resource Explorer)<br />
<br />
I was watching the tutorial <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/lib/index.php'>BIRT Example Report - Library</a> and it shows a "Library Explorer" where it looks like you can create, open, edit and save library items. But I Can't seem to find it. The tutorial <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/tutorial/basic/basic03.php'>Here</a&gt; talks about how to make changes to the "Library Explorer View" but when I follow that path it seem to take me to the "Resource Explorer".<br />
<br />
My Question: How can I edit Library items directly? If there is a "Library Explorer" how do I show that view? I have looked at Window > Show View > Other, and can not find it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• kclark
    kclark E
    edited March 13, 2013 #2
    Jenkins, the library explorer view is under the resource explorer tab. From there you will see the library and you can expand it to see the report items. If you want to open the library from here double click the library name and you can add items to it.
  • Jenkinsj5
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="115027" data-time="1363187851" data-date="13 March 2013 - 08:17 AM"><p>
    Jenkins, the library explorer view is under the resource explorer tab. From there you will see the library and you can expand it to see the report items. If you want to open the library from here double click the library name and you can add items to it.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Thanks Clark, so what used to be the stand alone 'library explorer' is now in the 'resource explorer' Other then moving items back and fourth in/from reports, how can I edit items in the library as indivual items?
  • kclark
    kclark E
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    If you open the library from the resource explorer you can edit each item in that library similar to modifying a report. After you've made the changes and save the library the items that are being used in each report should reflect the changes that you've made.
  • Jenkinsj5
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="115039" data-time="1363199572" data-date="13 March 2013 - 11:32 AM"><p>open the library from the resource explorer</p></blockquote>
    <br />