Works in 4.2.1 but not in 4.2.2

Options
Jenkinsj5
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have report that runs fine in 4.2.1 (freeware) but not in 4.2.2 I have recreated the report using the example data base and still seeing the same issue. Could someone check if I have an error in logic, that was OK in 4.2.1 or if this is new bug in 4.2.2?

I have attached the report and a screen shot, Sum of Named States is 49 in 4.2.1 but is 122 in 4.2.2 the correct answer is 49

I wrote it in 4.2.1 Copy and paste to a new folder and open and run with 4.2.2 My production report is opening with Apache and seeing the same results. We are running the 64 bit 4.2.2 in production, and I download a fresh 32 bit version on Friday to test on my desktop PC. Same results all around.

I am using this filter which I believe is the part that is misbehaving in 4.2.2

row["STATE"] !== 'Empty'
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• CBR
    CBR
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Hi Jenkins,

you should use != for not equals instead of !==

There seems to be a bug in 4.2.2. I ve seen that you have replaced STATE with Empty if the dataset value is null:
    row["STATE"] --> if(datasetRow["STATE"]!=null) ... else "Empty"

The aggregation has a filter on row["STATE"] that doesn't work. I replaced the filter with row["STATE"]!=null and it worked. I m assuming that there is a bug in 4.2.2 that keeps using the original dataset value instead of the row value.
  • Jenkinsj5
    edited March 18, 2013 #3
    Options
    cbrell,<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the JavaScript suggestion "!= for not equals instead of !==", I took your suggestion. <br />
    <br />
    <em class='bbc'>Of Note to anyone reading this post; changing the filter to row["STATE"] != 'Empty' DOES NOT correct the problem.</em><br />
    <br />
    Thank for the work around also. I removed the changing of Null > Empty and used row["STATE"]!=null, for my production fix. Seems to be working fine.<br />
    <br />
    I will post a Bugzilla and enter the ticket number here.<br />
    <br />
    <strong class='bbc'>Edit:</strong><br />
    Bug 403656 <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403656'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403656</a&gt;
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb