How do I get my new BIRT 4.3.1 to use the use the same project and workspace for everything I built

Jenkinsj5
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]How do I get my new BIRT 4.3.1 to use the use the same project and workspace for everything I built in 4.2.1?[/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]All of the following is done in a cloned development (VM) server, so there is no risk to my production environments (prd04 for completed reports, tst04 for creation and problem solving, working on clone of tst04 now).[/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]I have been using BIRT 4.2.1 for a  about a year, I have several reports and most importantly a library that were created with 4.2.1.  While the production reports actually run via Apache, I have downloaded and updated the "runtime" files so any new reports will run ok, but this made 95% of the old reports stop working.  It does not make sense to try and “fix” them with 4.2.1 if I am going to be running 4.3.1 now.  I expect the problem to be fixed with a library correction related to jar or war file. [/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]I want to use my fresh download of 4.3.1 in the same workspace and with the same project as I used for 4.2.1.  But I am days into trying to make it work and no luck.[/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Failures[/font]</span></p><ul class='bbc'><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Tried to upgrade the existing 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 but never got it to work correctly [/font]</span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/31291-how-to-update-birt/#entry123146'><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"][color=rgb(0,0,255);]http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/31291-how-to-update-birt/#entry123146[/color][/font]</span></a><ul class='bbc'><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Ended up downloading a fresh copy, so now I have two instances of BIRT (one of each)[/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Used the existing 4.2.1 workspace for 4.3.1 C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 7.0webappsBirt[/font]</span></li></ul></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Brought in the Navigator View, but am unable to make it “see” the existing reports and projects[/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Project > Open Project will not work, “Open Project” is greyed out.  If I create a new project “open project” and “close project” works but still can’t “see” my existing project [/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Open an existing report and try to “save as” in the workspace, but it can’t see …Tomcat 7.0webappsBirt[/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Try to drag (project, library, report) and drop from Resources to Navigator Does not work[/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Try to drag (project, library, report) and drop from the Window file to Navigator Does not work[/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Looked into “CVS Repositories” but at first glance it does not seem to be the correct path.[/font]</span></li><li><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Tried a bunch of other things, but they did not work and were not as promising as the above.[/font]</span></li></ul><p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]It is starting to feel like I only have two options left;[/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]1. Create a separate Apache instance for running any new 4.3.1 reports, leaving all the existing reports running on Apache with the 4.2.1 “runtime" files[/font]</span></p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]2. Create a new project for 4.3.1 and one by one rebuild existing reports, once I have everything working upgrade my production Apache and redeploy all the updated reports. [/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Calibri, 'sans-serif';font-size:13.5pt;]Screen shot of invisible workspace attached
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb