Web Viewer (Eclipse) and CSV-export / IDataExtractionTask giving different results

system_migrated
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi! As stated in the title, I have a problem with extracting data from a report. My goal was to get exactly the same data that is presented when using the integrated web viewer of eclipse.</p>
<p>I noticed that in some cases this isn't working as expected. In particular the problem i am currently facing is that the default CSV-export and my own tool which is using an IDataExtractionTask are both returning two rows containing the same values, while the Web Viewer only shows one row for the same table (what seems to be the expected behaviour). My goal is that users can create reports with the default eclipse designer, check with the Web Viewer if the report works correctly and once finished use the report regularly with my custom tool to further process / export / upload the data to our own systems.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My question is: how is it possible to extract the data in the exact same way as the Web Viewer does, so that the viewer can be used as a "reliable preview" before the reports are used with an automated tool? Where can i find information on how the data for the web viewer is extracted? Is the DistinctValuesOnly flag of the web viewer set by default? if yes, how can that be changed?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In case this is relevant, I'm using BIRT 4.4.1</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in advance!</p>

Comments