Fixed rows and columns in BIRT Report Webviewer

Mani Kandan
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>          I am using BIRT 4.4.1 with eclipse for Report Generation. In my report i have used table and Crosstab. In my report I need to fix my table and crosstab's header rows and first columns while scrolling. I have used User Properties <span style="color:#008000;">ExcelEmitter.FreezePanes</span> to fix the headers and columns of table and crosstab. So after using this property my table/crosstab headers are fixed when i exported to excel.( I know that this property is used for excel functionalities only)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I would like to fix table/crosstab headers in Webviewer also. <span style="color:#ff0000;">Is there any built-in way to solve my problem?.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>    I had gothrough various forum Q&A, I can fix this by only javascript. so i have tried by setting bookmark for row and colum which i want to fix while scroll. and then adding javascript postiton:fixed properties. It works for <span style="color:#008000;">small</span> table (table which fits the screen width), but for the <span style="color:#ff0000;">large table</span> (table width more than screen width) when i make it rows/column to be fixed,  while scrolling the rows/column  are not scrolling, it always fixed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've found some jquery plugins to solve this problem. so i have tried to include one of those plugin with BIRT report, to do so, first i included jquery with BIRT report, but it makes problem with basic webviewer navigation functionalities.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, Help me to solve this. Any Built-in functionality for fixed row/column in webviewer? Or any idea to make it work?</p>

Comments

• Can you attach a sample (that I can run, preferably with the sample database) showing what you've done with JavaScript that's not working when the width is larger than the window? Thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Check my report for fixed header.</p>
  • To attach a design, you'll need to click on "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the thread. There, you'll find an uploader that you can use to attach your reports and any data file that might be needed to run it (if you don't use the sample database).
  • <p>sorry..now I've attached report..
  • I don't see any script in your example that's supposed to be holding the header in place. Can you add what you've got that is acting up, so I can test from what you have? Thanks.
  • <p>here i've attached with fixed javascript code...
  • mwilliams
    edited May 5, 2015 #8
    Where is the script at? I'm not seeing it anywhere?<br><br>Edit: Never mind, found it.
  • Where do you see that this isn't freezing the header row? I have yet to see it not stay when running in the web viewer. Let me know how I can reproduce your issue with this report. Thanks.
  • Hi
    I am using Birt Report 4.5 and wanted to make the Header Non Scrollable.I did below steps
    1.Created one Grid with 1 Row and 2 Column
    2.Created one table in Grid Cell 1
    3.Copy Paste same table in Grid Cell 2
    4.Remove Detail From Table 1
    5.Remove Header from Table 2
    6.Set Page Break Interval to zero in Grid Cell 2.
    7.Set Overflow Property to Scroll for Grid cell 2.

But still Header is not freezed.

Pls Suggest

• I am attaching the sample report

• I was able to get basic functionality by switching to fixed layout, and setting a height on the 2nd grid's row. Perhaps you could try that?

• Attachment is the Report Design in WHich Header is Freeze for Excel Report

• Could you pls attached the sample report in which it is working

• could you pls attach sample report in which it is working