Custom Visualization Execution Phase

Options
G-Man
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Would like to know in which phase of the Report life cycle custom visualization gets executed. According to my experience till now, it looks like it is executing during rendering phase. Is this true. if it is? how I can make it execute during generation phase.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The reason for this requirement is I would like to create RPTDOCUMENT which would be generated once and would be used by users as a front end to run further report through hyperlink.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks </p>

Comments

• Clement Wong
    Options
    <p>Custom Visualizations are executed during the rendering phase.  Since Custom Visualizations utilizes JavaScript libraries, it will be executed/rendered on the client (browser side).  When reports with Custom Visualizations are exported to different formats such as PDF, Excel, Word, etc..., the "client" side rendering occurs in a headless browser on the server side, saving the visual as an image.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>We are able to schedule designs and generate .RPTDOCUMENT with Custom Visualizations, and then access the report document with those Custom Visualizations.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Are you seeing something different?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>If so, what is your setup like?  What version of the iHub?  Platform?  How are you accessing those .RPTDOCUMENTs?</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb