Null Pointer on '...hasNextChild'

Options
newbie321
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a report that uses dataset POJO and because of all the reasons (birt/eclipse bugs) I cann't really update the pojo dataset once it is created.  The workaround that I found is to go straight into the XML representation of the .rptdesign and edit it manually.  This method worked very good and like a charm for me until I hit the following error on one of my reports:  </p>
<div>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
Aug 26, 2016 12:07:01 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor hasNextChild
WARNING: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ListingElementExecutor.doSkipToExecutor(ListingElementExecutor.java:84)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor.prepareChildExecutor(ContainerExecutor.java:214)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor.hasNextChild(ContainerExecutor.java:110)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.hasNextChild(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:86)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.hasNextChild(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:86)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:62)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLListLM.layoutChildren(HTMLListLM.java:72)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:681)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:321)</pre>
</div>
<p>Anyone knows what 'hasNextChild' could possibly mean in this case? </p>
<p>I did the sample POC report by editing xml directly adding the same mappings and it works without a glitch.  The moment I put identical mappings into the real report, I hit the error above. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am adding mappings into the following sections:</p>
<p>1) columnHints</p>
<p>2) cachedMetaData</p>
<p>3) dataSource</p>
<p>4) queryText </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are there any other sections in xml that I would normally need to modify in my xml code?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am sorry my questions is somewhat abstract as I am not providing the report design itself (it is complex and works only with a database we have).  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help!! </p>
<p> </p>