Birt 4.6 - aggregation is disabled in charting.. possible bug?

Options
newbie321
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi,   </p>
<p>I was trying to do a simple bar chart and I noticed that the aggregation option associated with y-values series is disabled in Birt 4.6 (neon).  Tinkered around, but unsuccessfully.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Loaded the same report into BIRT 4.5 (mars) - voila - aggregation is enabled...  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>screenshot below is for Birt v4.6 where the aggregation is disabled..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone ran into this already?</p>
<p>thanks!  </p>

Comments

• <p>In the Select Data right below your screenshot is it set to Inherit Columns and Groups? If yes, this is expected behavior. Although it should be the same in Mars.</p>
  • <p>Attached is the simple report that was created in Birt 4.6.  </p>
    <p>Per above discussion, the aggregation does not work in Birt v4.6 however it works in Birt v4.5</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>The data for a chart comes straight from the Data Set and is not inherited in any way from Columns and groups.  I am attaching test report as well as screenshots for both Birt 4.6 and Birt4.5  that clearly show the button is disabled in v4.6 and is enabled for v4.5 for the same report for the same data set.  </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Anyone else is observing this behavior in chart wizard?  </p>
    <p>thanks,</p>
  • <p>I had no problem seeing the aggregation in 4.6</p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="146658" data-time="1485370867">
    <div>
    <p>I had no problem seeing the aggregation in 4.6</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>i will download fresh copy of eclipse with birt to see if I can replicate this.  </p>
    <p>could be just that this instance of birt decided to disable an aggregation</p>
  • newbie321
    edited January 26, 2017 #6
    Options
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="146658" data-time="1485370867">
    <div>
    <p>I had no problem seeing the aggregation in 4.6</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Downloaded fresh copy of eclipse for report developers neon2.</p>
    <p>The previously discussed aggregation feature does not work in mint copy of eclipse/birt.  If it's not too onerous, could you please d/l and run a fresh copy of neon for report developers on your end and see if that feature is enabled...  I am running win10 -64bit...</p>
  • <p>I was using commercial BIRT 4.6 and had no problem. Indeed with a new download I saw the same problem as you describe. I have no idea. I would suggest opening a issue in bugzilla. </p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="146670" data-time="1485461999">
    <div>
    <p>I was using commercial BIRT 4.6 and had no problem. Indeed with a new download I saw the same problem as you describe. I have no idea. I would suggest opening a issue in bugzilla. </p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks for taking your time to confirm.  </p>
    <p>I just submitted a bug report.  Hopefully, it will be looked at and resolved soon.  </p>