How to display "All" rows in the list using Excel as datasource

Sai krishna
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to this issue, Using Excel datasource, i have created a Dashboard(which contains 2 Pie charts) and a Detail report. Where these 2 pie charts are not related to each other but links to the same Detail report. To filter the Detail report i have created two prompts where we get the values from these two different pie charts. When i am using the Chart interactivity i have given value to the 1st prompt but i am facing issue to pass the default value for the 2nd prompt of Detail report which belongs to 2nd Pie chart. Can anyone please help me how to pass the default ALL value to the 2nd prompt in chart interactivity.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in Advance,</p>
<p>Sai </p>
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• Hello,

Can anyone please help me on this issue. I am unable to get the solution for this. Or is there any alternative way to overcome this issue?

Thanks,
    Sai

• jfranken
    edited April 16, 2018 #3

Hi Sai,

I am trying to understand what you are doing.

• When you say that you created "prompts", I assume you mean "parameters"? The detail report has two parameters?

• Are the pie charts on one report, two reports, or added directly to the dashboard?

• What happens when the user clicks one of the charts and has not clicked the other chart?

• What version are you running?

• Hello,

Can anyone please help me on this issue. I am unable to get the solution for this. Or is there any alternative way to overcome this issue?

Thanks,
    Sai> @jfranken said:

Hi Sai,

I am trying to understand what you are doing.

• When you say that you created "prompts", I assume you mean "parameters"? The detail report has two parameters?

• Are the pie charts on one report, two reports, or added directly to the dashboard?

• What happens when the user clicks one of the charts and has not clicked the other chart?

• What version are you running?

Hello Jeff,
    Yes, prompts means parameters and the detail report has 2 parameters.
    The pie charts are in the same dashboard.
    When the user click on the piechart the interactivity gets triggered and sent the piechart values as inputs to the detail report(which acts as a filter). And the other pie chart should send all the default values(means no filter). But the 2 piecharts cannot send the input values at a time.
    OpenText - Version: 4.6.0

Thanks,
    Sai

• Hi Sai,

Thanks for the answers. I don't think there is a way to make this functionality work using a Drill-through like in the screenshot from your original post. There also isn't a 'chart selector' on dashboards currently. There might be a way to put two charts on a report then add the report to a dashboard. Rather than configuring a hyperlink for the mouse click action, instead invoke a script. I don't know how to code it so that when a chart is clicked, the categories clicked (or a default value if a category has not yet been clicked) on both charts are passed to a report on the dashboard as parameters. Maybe one of the other experts (more expert than me) knows how to do that.

I have two suggestions.
    1. Talk to the OpenText Professional Services team for iHUb. This seems like something they could do for you.
    2. Look at our JSAPI documentation. It allows you to embed reportlets (report elements like charts and tables) into a web page. Then you can use JavaScript or other languages/tools to manipulate the page content however you want.

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution.

• @jfranken said:
    Hi Sai,

Thanks for the answers. I don't think there is a way to make this functionality work using a Drill-through like in the screenshot from your original post. There also isn't a 'chart selector' on dashboards currently. There might be a way to put two charts on a report then add the report to a dashboard. Rather than configuring a hyperlink for the mouse click action, instead invoke a script. I don't know how to code it so that when a chart is clicked, the categories clicked (or a default value if a category has not yet been clicked) on both charts are passed to a report on the dashboard as parameters. Maybe one of the other experts (more expert than me) knows how to do that.

I have two suggestions.
    1. Talk to the OpenText Professional Services team for iHUb. This seems like something they could do for you.
    2. Look at our JSAPI documentation. It allows you to embed reportlets (report elements like charts and tables) into a web page. Then you can use JavaScript or other languages/tools to manipulate the page content however you want.

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution.

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your advice.
    Could you please let me know how to reach OpenText Professional Services team for iHub. And from where i can get your JSAPI documentation.

Thanks,
    Sai

• jfranken
    edited June 25, 2018 #7

Hi Sai,

If you have a support contract, you can open a support ticket using the menu at the top of this page. If not, there is a button on this page to contact a Sales representative:

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/open/18174753

They can connect you to Professional Services. I recommend opening a support ticket first if you have that option.