Jar placement in iHub3.1

diginius
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

I can't seem to get a simple jar to load in my report. It works locally in Birt Designer, as I set the classpath to it. But when I upload to iHub, it can't seem to find it. I've put it in several locations:

/home/admin/BIRTiHubVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/web/iportal/scriptlib
/home/admin/BIRTiHubVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/resources
/home/admin/BIRTiHubVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/jar
/home/admin/BIRTiHubVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/jar/BIRT/lib

And always get...

ReferenceError: "ReportVerify" is not defined. (/report/method[@name="beforeFactory"]#7)

Also have tried to attach it to the report and put it the resources folder, nothing works. Attached report design, won't let me upload jar but its just a simple:

package birt.report.reportverify2;

public class ReportVerify {

public ReportVerify() {
    System.out.println("test");
}

}

Any help would be super appreciated.

Comments

• Have you tried placing it in the volume's resources(in the iHub encyclopedia) folder instead of on the file system?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Yeah, I think I know what you are referring to and I've tried to add it there as well, still the same. I'm compiling in java 1.7, is that the proper version for ihub?

• Yes, that java should be fine. Are you on an AJC, or a full iHub visualization? If you aren't on an AJC, then I don't believe that's the right location.

• We have full iHub visualization.

• In that case, that wasn't the area I was looking for. You want to place it in the volume, not the file system. Navigate to hostname:8700/iportal and login. Try placing the jar file in the resources folder there, in the iportal.

• Unfortunately that didn't work for me either.