move documents from a filestore to a Centera filestore

Someshwarrao
edited August 21, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I need to move some millions of documents from filestore to Centera filestore. Is there any way to move the documents very fast. Please let me know anyone worked on this kind of requirement.

Thanks,

Comments

• AlanZ
    edited August 14, 2008 #2

Your question is originally posted in the Documentum community.

I'm trying to determine if you're looking for a Documentum centric solution to the file migration, or if it should be done using Centera tools.

If it's the latter, we can move this question to the Centera community discussion area.

• Someshwarrao
    edited August 14, 2008 #3

Thanks

I need to move the Documentum file store to Centera filestore. I am writing a java program for this. It comes under Documentum. I am using below query for that

update dm_sysobject object set A_STORAGE_type = <centera filestore> where r_object_id = <r_object_id>. This will take long time to move the millions of documents.I am looking for some other solution which moves the documents very fast.

• hsavio
    edited August 18, 2008 #4

changing the a_storage_type is not an ideal solution.it will change the r_modify _date on the document and that is not something that you would like to do with production data.

what you need to do is to go to admin jobs in da and run the migrate_content method.

You can look into the admin guide for exact use.

It is simple and effective, can be run in batches.

You can run it as a customized DQL statement if you like... a lot of options.

Rgds,

Savio

• Someshwarrao
    edited August 21, 2008 #5

Thanks Savio,

I will check admin guide