WDK Automated Test Framework - testsuite execution from script?

mingus
edited September 25, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hello,

I am doing some tests with the WDK ATF. Once I have recorded and launched all the test cases from the web interface, I now need to run them from a script.

Would that be possible? If so, any recommendations about how to achieve it?

Thanks a lot !

Saul

Comments

• ljwong
    edited September 23, 2008 #2

Hi Saul,

Currently, we don't support for running test cases from anything other than the test launcher web interface. Can you elaborate more on what you mean by you "now need to run them from a script"? The team would like to understand your requirements so that we can improve upon the functionality in future releases. If anyone other than Saul has similar requirements, please also include them in this thread. We welcome feedback from everyone! Thanks!

Linda

• mingus
    edited September 24, 2008 #3

Hello Linda,

Our goal is to run smoke tests and WDK ATF tests before and after every development phase in our project. We have a deployment ant script which will start the smoke tests. Ideally we would like to kick off the WDK ATF tests from there too.

So we are thinking of a way to do it all together without having to go through the ATF UI.

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks a lot again

Saul

• ljwong
    edited September 24, 2008 #4

Hi Saul,

What type of behavior would you expect once the tests are launched? Would your ant script need notification onces tests are completed or is it sufficient to just launch the tests and eventually get tests results stored somewhere?

Linda

• mingus
    edited September 25, 2008 #5

Hello Linda,

Launching the tests would be enough.

Regards,

Saul

• ljwong
    edited September 25, 2008 #6

Thanks for the feedback Saul. I know it doesn't help your current situation, but it's useful and we'll see about getting something into the next release.

Linda