Metadata and UDS configuration

Options
System
System Administrator
Hi Everyone,
I have metadata capture configured with multiple rule-sets. So for a certain areapath I have a particular set of metadata showing up. I have about 2-3 sets like this. I have the metadata-rules.cfg configured that way as well. Everything works fine.

When I configure DAS for Metadata I run the iwsyncdb -mdcddgen command and it creates the mdc_dd.cfg file then I run the iwdyncdb -mdcddschemagen command and it creates the dbschema.cfg file. Both of these are in the iw-home/local/config.

The problem I have is that when I do the iwsyncdb -initial vpath template/metadata it creates the two tables (WA and STAGING) for the metadata, but it creates all the columns from all the rulesets in ONE table. Instead I would want to see a different table for each ruleset.

This is a problem because suppose for press releases I have a ruleset which has some required fields. I also have a ruleset for products and it has some required fields. In the database all the fields from both of these rulesets are in one table (so in the dbschema.cfg there is only one group and all the columns are listed under that one group). If I am setting metadata for press releases, then I don't have any metadata for products ruleset for that press release, but when DD/DAS tries to deploy that to the database table, it gives error saying the the "required" fields in the table cannot have a NULL. So what I found that it actually sends NULL values for the other ruleset (in our example the products ruleset).

So it seems like the DD is using the Wide format. Instead I want to use UDS format. But either way, if I have different rulesets then it should have different tables, otherwise users wanting to set metadata on a press release would have to set product metadata for that press release content.

I thought about putting different groups in the dbschema.cfg so that it creates different tables, but then I'd have to make a PK-FK relationship between those tables, which is not what we want. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong or missing a step.

-Mukesh

Comments

• You need to generate the dbschema.cfg for your metadata by invoking -mdcdbschemagen and then run -mdcddgen to generate the dd config files.
    You can also use the -deployAll option in mdcdbschemagen.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs