Delimiter in datacapture.cfg

System
System Administrator
Hi,
We're using MetaTagger 3.5 and Teamsite 5.5.2 on W2K. We are having trouble setting MetaTagger information when there is a comma in the value - it doesn't get set. Here is a snippet from our datacapture.cfg:

<item name="Image Type">
<database data-type="VARCHAR(40)" />
<select >
<option label=" --- Select --- " value="" />
<option label="St. Louis Blues" value="hockey, sports, choke" />
</select>
</item>

I tried changing <select> to <select delimiter="~"> but that didn't help. Taking the commas out of the value fixes it, but is there a way to avoid this problem? Thanks,

David

Comments

• MetaTagger defaults to using commas as separators, and cannot be overridden in the DCT itself. Instead you need to create another configuration file, mthome/conf/mdstore.cfg that contains something like this:
    <config>
    <output>
    <valueSetSeparator>;</valueSetSeparator>
    </output>
    </config>

NOTE:Note that this is an install-time configuration. You cannot change this param once set without corrupting the EAs. You would need to search and replace all existing MT-generated EAs to use this new separator character.

I didn't see this mentioned in the documentation, so I've filed a bug (39818) with regard to that apparent omission.

--fish
    (Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
  • Just an update (as I have received some additional information) - there are two MT generated EAs (per MT-managed field) - one is written as XML, the other is written more simply but uses the separation character.

The XML encoded EA is used by MT, the non-XML character-separated EA is not [re]used by MT - thus you'd only have to walk through and reset EAs for the new separation character if you had *other* processes making use of that non-XML EA.

I hope the above isn't too obfuscated...

--fish
    (Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs