Are wildcard searches possible with version 8.5 or version 9 api?

We have a need to be able to do wildcard searches against certain custom tables because of the way the values sometimes change.  I see some very old posts here that say wildcard searches are not supported, but is that still the case?  If not, is there some documentation explaining how to do it?

Comments

• Wildcard Searches are supported, we hve it set by default in our code. Append and Suffix the search string with *

• I was posting this question for a colleague and did not correctly understand his question at first.  It seems he's aware that an asterisk can be used for something like a title search, but it doesn't appear to work when searching on custom attributes.  Should wildcard searches be possible when searching on attributes?

• Yes. For example, if you type Word* into the Document Type attribute when searching, it will return both Word and WordX document types.  This is assuming you have not disabled wildcard searching on your server

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs