UI custom file menu item

I've added the below snippet in ui_custom.xml.
I've run make_toolkit
as a dummy url i've pointed to google

label="SetEA"
description="Sets Extended Attribute"
resourceBundle="com.corp.custom.strings"
operationID="custom.tasks_for_file"
url="http://www.google.com"
target="_blank"/>

Issue:
I don't see the SetEA added before Tag. i.e. change not reflected

another Q, once it is visible i want to show this link only when in templatedata folder. how?

Comments

• I don't see the SetEA added before Tag. i.e. change not reflected
    You've specified an operationID, so you need to create that in userops-custom.xml and then either grant that permission to particular roles or login as a master.

another Q, once it is visible i want to show this link only when in templatedata folder. how?
    You won't be able to hide or disable menu options based on location, that's just not a feature provided by the UITK. Instead, you'll have to build your command such that if the input vpath parameter is not applicable, return a suitable error message to the user.
  • Sounds good. Thank you.

Q: where we set labels... if label=custom.task_ for_file.set_ea
    somewhere we should refer props file for custom.task_ for_file.set_ea=SetDcrEA
    Is this achievable?
    Right now I hard coded label value in UI_custom.xml itself.
  • Right now I hard coded label value in UI_custom.xml itself.
    This is just fine if all your users are using the same language for the TS interface. Otherwise, the "resourceBundle" attribute specifies where your label should be resolved from. Your current settings are saying that you'd want
    {uitk}/customer_src/src/com/corp/custom/strings.properties
    {uitk}/customer_src/src/com/corp/custom/strings_fr.properties
    {uitk}/customer_src/src/com/corp/custom/strings_de.properties
    (and so on), which would each contain a property called "custom.task_for_file.set_ea".
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs