iw-ls-page-name in component

Hi,

I am using iw-ls-page-name in component as below:

<Data>
<External>
<Parameters>
<Datum Exposed="false" ID="isforced" Name="Is forced" Type="Boolean">false</Datum>
<Datum ID="iw-ls-page-name" Name="iw-ls-page-name" Exposed="false" Type="String"/>
</Parameters>
<Object>com.web.Navigation</Object>
<Method>getNav</Method>
</External>
</Data>

And I am trying to use the datum iw-ls-page-name in XSL as below:

<xsl:variable name="thispage" select="//Datum[@Name='iw-ls-page-name']" />
<h1><xsl:value-of select="/Properties/Data/External/Parameters/Datum[@Name='iw-ls-page-name']" /></h1>

But I am not getting any value in the variable.

Thanks

Comments

• gmitt wrote:

<Datum ID="iw-ls-page-name" Name="iw-ls-page-name" Exposed="false" Type="String"/>

And I am trying to use the datum iw-ls-page-name in XSL as below:

<xsl:variable name="thispage" select="//Datum[@Name='iw-ls-page-name']" />
    <h1><xsl:value-of select="/Properties/Data/External/Parameters/Datum[@Name='iw-ls-page-name']" /></h1>

But I am not getting any value in the variable.

Maybe I'm missing something (I don't do a lot of component / external development) but you defined the iw-ls-page-name datum as an empty, non-exposed, string - so I'm not sure from where you would expect to get a value when referencing the datum in your code.

• Well part of the issue is you've defined a datum that already exists (automatically provided by the engine). So remove your custom datum and then this should work:

• Thanks, But I tried this also. This is also not working.

• I Hope you are adding the component to page and then veriifying the value of iw-ls-page-name.

Thanks

Paul

• Yes, I am adding component to the page and then checking.

• "Not working" is not exactly a helpful description. Try using a very basic template and debug from there.

<xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:copy-of select="/" />
    </xsl:template>

Is the iw-ls-page-name element appearing in that output?

• Hi,

Try this - 

<xsl:value-of select="//Datum[@Name='iw-ls-page-name']" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
  • Element is apperaing in the page, but it is empty.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs