component preview says"Loading..." indefinitely

Greetings,

We have an issue of when for a certain branch in iwadmin/livesite/components when we check the preview, we do not see anything rendering but it just says "Loading..." indefinitely.

We have enabled all the logs, but don't see anything that points us to what the issue might be. Nor can we find any clues in Firebug, or from changing the order of pre-controllers.

We do not experience the same issue for the component from the site/page level.

Can anyone provide any insights as to what me might be able to do to pinpoint why we have this issue of the component preview saying "Loading..." indefinitely?

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• If I had to guess, your externals probably rely on information (and/or execute code) that is not available outside of a site. The concept of the "preview site" doesn't always work, or maybe it's previewing against one that is not appropriate.

Not sure where you're looking for logs but you'd want to enable debugging via http://teamsite:8080/iw-preview/iw/admin/log4j.jsp and then look at either server.log and/or livesite.preview.log.

• What version of TeamSite? If you're using 7.5+, you may want to try turning off modsecurity in the iwwebd.conf.template file.

• It's 7.3.2, and we are aiming to test the first suggestion of enabling the logging in the confif file next week.

Thanks,

Jim

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs