Chart with Hyperlink

buntysingh
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

My requirement is on clicking on data area of the Pie chart, a drill down feature (detail data of that clicked area) should display.

Do we have hyperlink feature in charts?

I am trying however couldn't find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Comments

• diparc
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    under the New Chart dialog - follow this

Format Chart -> Series -> Value Series -> Interactivity

event=mouseclick
    action=hyperlink
  • David
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="buntysingh"><p>Hi,<br />
    <br />
    My requirement is on clicking on data area of the Pie chart, a drill down feature (detail data of that clicked area) should display.<br />
    <br />
    Do we have hyperlink feature in charts?<br />
    <br />
    I am trying however couldn't find it.<br />
    <br />
    Any help is appreciated.<br />
    <br />
    Regards.</p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Yes, there is a hyperlink feature. We also have tooltips, and various interactive options. Open the chart builder, click on the series (or chart element) in the format tab, you want to make an hyperlink for, then click on interactivity and a dialog will let you enter the url to drill-through. It can be in the same report or another report, or any url.<br />
    <br />
    What is not possible is to replace in the same report the chart with the drilled-down one. This is currently not supported.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks,<br />
    <br />
    David
  • Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hi Buntysingh,<br />
    <br />
    I created an example and uploaded it to the DevShare at <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=209'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=209</a><br />
    <br />
    The steps to create this example were:<br />
    <br />
    1. Create your summary report that has the pie chart.<br />
    2. Create your detail report that accepts a parameter...in this example, the detail report accepts country.<br />
    3. Back on the Summary Report, double-click the chart and select the Format Chart tab<br />
    4. Select the Value Series and then press the Interactivity button<br />
    5. Select Mouse Click for the Event and Hyperlink for the Action<br />
    6. Press the Edit base URL button and then press Drill-through<br />
    7. Select the Detail report you created<br />
    8. Click into the Parameters list and select the required parameter for your detail report.<br />
    9. Select the value column, press the elipses [...] to get into the expression builder and select the value you want to pass to the next report. In this example, we have selected Country from the available column bindings.<br />
    10. Press OK, close the chart windows, and run the report.<br />
    <br />
    When you click on a pie piece, the value of country is passed along to the detail report.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • buntysingh
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Hi,

This is with regard to the chart/graph. When I ckick to view/preview the report that has say pie chart, I do not see the graph at all. I can only see the category definition. I do not see the area/phases of that graph.

Please help.

Regards.
  • SAmbekar
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Hi Virgil,<br />
    The example and the steps that you gave below were really helpful to me.<br />
    Thanks so much!<br />
    <br />
    Rgds!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="vdodson"><p>Hi Buntysingh,<br />
    <br />
    I created an example and uploaded it to the DevShare at <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=209'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=209</a><br />
    <br />
    The steps to create this example were:<br />
    <br />
    1. Create your summary report that has the pie chart.<br />
    2. Create your detail report that accepts a parameter...in this example, the detail report accepts country.<br />
    3. Back on the Summary Report, double-click the chart and select the Format Chart tab<br />
    4. Select the Value Series and then press the Interactivity button<br />
    5. Select Mouse Click for the Event and Hyperlink for the Action<br />
    6. Press the Edit base URL button and then press Drill-through<br />
    7. Select the Detail report you created<br />
    8. Click into the Parameters list and select the required parameter for your detail report.<br />
    9. Select the value column, press the elipses [...] to get into the expression builder and select the value you want to pass to the next report. In this example, we have selected Country from the available column bindings.<br />
    10. Press OK, close the chart windows, and run the report.<br />
    <br />
    When you click on a pie piece, the value of country is passed along to the detail report.</p></blockquote>
  • robsam
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Hello bunty singh . You know I was also searching for the <br />
    <br />
    same process for getting the details when you clicking on any image . <br />
    <br />
    I have a pdf file including some charts ,I also needed this information <br />
    <br />
    thanks for asking earlier and Mr. vdodson thanks for your nice reply .Through <br />
    <br />
    this searching and seeing details becomes easier. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________<br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.webtrends.com/Products/Optimize.aspx'>Multivariate Testing</a>