Applying report Items as themes

cabbagedog
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I was wondering if it possible to save a report item from a library as a css file and then import it or apply it as a theme. The reason for this is that I have hundreds of items (graphs) which have a theme set in a report item applied to them. I would like to apply this theme to most of the items and it gonna take too long to do it manually.

I could edit the original item , but the problem is that it the name is very badly chosen and I have tried unsuccessfully to rename it in the hop ethat it would get refactored or something similar.

I suppose that i could write a script to do this, but I don't really want to if it is already included functionality.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi cabbagedog,

Can you be more specific on what you are trying to do? I got the part about having lots of charts in a library and you want to get the themes you had applied for one or all of them, but then what do you want to do?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • cabbagedog
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I want to globally apply (to all of the graphs in the project) a style that I have made. This style is saved in a library that I have, so it is not a theme.
  • Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    If the style is saved in the library then this should be easy. Drag the theme onto the report that contains your chart style and then select as many charts as you want and apply the new styles in the right context menu. When you change that style in the library in the future, all the reports that use that style will change.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb