How can we display Row Number (Serial) in CrossTab Report

SrinivasaRao
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

I have designed the cross tab reports successfully.But the problem is i need to display row number as a one field like serial number.

Can you Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Srinivas.T

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Srinivas.T,

Can you attach a small sample of what your data looks like in your dataSet and also how your crosstab is set up. Then I can work with your data to be sure whatever I come up with can be applied to your data. Thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi,

Thank you for your response.

PFA attached Cross tab report.

In that report i have 2 issues

1. The first column in report (Product Code) should be iterate for every row but its displaying once only for entire group

2.Need to be First column is Serial Number of the Row.But, i am unable to display Row number in cross tab.

Please help me out to solve these 2 issues ASAP.

Again Thanks for your time.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Srinivas.T,

Take a look at the design now. I made a change to the query, the dataSet, and the cube. The preview window didn't work for me, but if you use the web viewer, you should see everything correctly. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Hi mwilliams,

Thank you for your time.

The report looking awesome.

But the Problem is, in this case is the report have the dynamic growing columns(#16). I have given page break 4. firsr 4 is over then immediately next 4 have to come for the same products But, its coming on 76th page (next 4 columns for first page product codes.)

But we need the report first its displaying first 4 columns for all the product codes then its starting next 4 columns for the same product.

I mean to say 76th page content should be in 2nd page.

Please Help me out from this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks and waiting for your response.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Srinivas.T,

Alright. I used a table, an interval group on the table, and a filter on the crosstab to make this report. Take a look. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Hi,

Thank you for your Help and time.

The report looking awesome and this is the report exactly what i need.

Thanks,
    Srinivas.T
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Srinivas.T,

Great! Let us know if you have any other questions!
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    Hi,

Can we give row alternative colors for this report?

If yes, Can you give some idea on that. That will give more good look and feel for my report.

Thanks
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    Check out this example in the devShare. It should help you do this. Let me know if you have questions.<br />
    <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/825-crosstab-highlight-using-script/#description'>Crosstab highlight using script - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited December 31, 1969 #11
    Hi,

Thank you for your time.

I have gone through the example but, I need alternative colors for all the columns not only for the measures.

Ex:-In the above report we need to display alternative colors for RowNumber,ProductCode and orderNumber columns also.

I have tried but unable to find solution.Please help me.

Thanks,
    Srinivas.T
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #12
    Srinivas,

I have an example somewhere that I made highlighting dimension columns as well. I'll look for it. If I can't find it, I'll create another.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #13
    Srinivas,

Here's a quick example on highlighting a crosstab that I just created real quick. I highlighted the measures and the row dimension. If you have more than one row dimension, you can just use a different variable for each to alternate for highlighting. Let me know if you have questions.

This report was made in 2.5.1
  • srinivast
    edited December 31, 1969 #14
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="59385" data-time="1264087587" data-date="21 January 2010 - 08:26 AM"><p>
    Srinivas.T,<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Take a look at the design now. I made a change to the query, the dataSet, and the cube. The preview window didn't work for me, but if you use the web viewer, you should see everything correctly. Let me know if you have any questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    <br />
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I like your example.But, the problem here is using different query or modifying query is too complicated for me as my query contains morethan 150 lines of code. Is there of any chance to disply row number in layout level like how we will display row number for normal table(row[0]+1).<br />
    <br />
    Please help me ASAP on this issue.<br />
    <br />
    Any help is Greatly appreciated.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks,<br />
    Srinivas
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #15
    Hi Srinivas,

The attached report shows a way that you can display a row number for a crosstab without adding a computed column to your dataSet. A variable is initialized in the initialize script and then incremented in the onCreate of the text element placed in the dimension area. Let me know if you have questions. Hope this helps.
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited December 31, 1969 #16
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="59631" data-time="1264612817" data-date="27 January 2010 - 10:20 AM"><p>
    Check out this example in the devShare. It should help you do this. Let me know if you have questions.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/825-crosstab-highlight-using-script/#description'>Crosstab highlight using script - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Hi, Actually i am looking for the Serial no should be the first column. and year should repeat for the quarters<br />
    <br />
    For example the above report should display result like<br />
    1 2007 Q1<br />
    2 2007 Q2<br />
    3 2007 Q3<br />
    4 2007 Q4 Like that.<br />
    <br />
    Can you please provide me any solution to achieve like that it will solve lot of other problems also for me like export in xls alignment problems.<br />
    <br />
    Actually we got strucked up here because of this problem.<br />
    <br />
    Any help would be greatly Appreciated.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks a lot in advance,<br />
    Srinivas
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #17
    Srinivas,

Sorry, I forgot to actually attach the report design that I had made, I think. Here it is. It has the row number first. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • SrinivasaRao
    edited June 18, 2010 #18
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65697" data-time="1276806286" data-date="17 June 2010 - 01:24 PM"><p>
    Srinivas,<br />
    <br />
    Sorry, I forgot to actually attach the report design that I had made, I think. Here it is. It has the row number first. Let me know if you have any questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Hi Mwilliams,<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for helping us. your report is looking Good!<br />
    <br />
    But it won't fulfill our requirements. We need to display the report like <br />
    SL NO year Quarter<br />
    <br />
    1 | 2003 | 1<br />
    2 | 2003 | 2<br />
    3 | 2003 | 3<br />
    4 | 2003 | 4<br />
    5 | 2004 | 1<br />
    6 | 2004 | 2<br />
    7 | 2004 | 3<br />
    8 | 2004 | 4<br />
    9 | 2005 | 1 <br />
    10 | 2005 | 2.<br />
    <br />
    Please help us to get the report done in this format.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks in Advance,<br />
    Srinivas.T
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #19
    Srinivas,

Just a minor modification to get that. Take a look.
  • srinivast
    edited December 31, 1969 #20
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65738" data-time="1276888783" data-date="18 June 2010 - 12:19 PM"><p>
    Srinivas,<br />
    <br />
    Just a minor modification to get that. Take a look.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Thank mwilliams, Your support and help most appreciated!<br />
    <br />
    I have tried a lot to put the datagrid in the place of "Drop Datafields to define the rows here " Part. But, i was unable to do. Please give me some idea on this part How you have pasted the Grid in that part.<br />
    <br />
    I guess we can paste only data cube groups here.<br />
    <br />
    Please give me some idea on this.FYI i am using birt 2.5.1 and Please find attachment of screen shot.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks in Advance<br />
    Srinivas.T
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #21
    Srinivas.T,

Sorry for not explaining that part. You must drop a group in from your dataCube, then, when the crosstab cell is actually created, you can then drop a grid in there with the data element and then move the data element inside the grid. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Preethisha
    edited December 31, 1969 #22
    Hi Williams,

I just need to display the serial number foir each row fetched from the DB. Its a normal list report. How to do that. Earliest reply is more helpful for me.

Thanks,
    Preethisha
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #23
    Preethisha,

Oh, if you're just doing a normal list report, you would just need to add a computed column to your dataSet and use an aggregation of "runningcount".
  • Raghuvj
    edited December 31, 1969 #24
    Hi Williams,
    I need some clarification regarding serial no
    I have a column which is integer type and this column has duplicate values,
    My requirement is like i dont need to display serial no for the duplicate values.

S.No. column
  • Raghuvj
    edited December 31, 1969 #25
    Hi Williams,
    I need some clarification regarding serial no
    I have a column which is integer type and this column has duplicate values,
    My requirement is like i dont need to display serial no for the duplicate values.

S.No. column
    1. 21
    2. 32

I want to display like this.
    Please help me for this issue.

Thanks,
    J.Raghu
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #26
    So, you want all the duplicate values of the integer field to be displayed separately? Why not just use a table? Or am I misunderstanding? Can you show a sample of dataSet data and what you want the output of your report to look like?
  • <p>Hi Michael,</p><p> </p><p>I am unable to find the report files which you have attached in this post for displaying serial number  in crosstab report.</p><p>Can you please give me those files? I want to add serial number for each row of my crosstab.</p>
  • I would like to have that sample too. Would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks a lot.

• Could you please post an example of what you want? For example, a spreadsheet or screenshot showing the desired output. Please indicate which data is retrieved from the database and which data is computed in the report. Also, what version of the designer are you running?