Question about "Collapse Groups Client Side" DevShare

roadblock2
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hey, <br />
<br />
So I am trying to recreate this report, found at:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1126-collapse-groups-client-side/#description'>Collapse groups client side - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
And I am clearly missing something. When I view the report, the groups are not collapsed and the html buttons do nothing. <br />
<br />
If anyone has a moment to take a look, I'd really appreciate it. I eventually want to implement it on my own data, but I cant even get it working here. I am sure I am missing some crucial component.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance, <br />
<br />
RB

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi RB,

What version of BIRT are you using? And what output format are you using? The download from the actual devShare post works for me in 2.5.2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • roadblock2
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I am using 2.5.21

Sorry if I was unclear, but the report from the devshare works fine for me as well. The issue is that I am unable to recreate the effect demonstrated in the devshare.

Thanks for your reply,

RB
  • roadblock2
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    I actually just found my mistake. Thank you anyway!

RB
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    RB,

Ok, I got ya now. The only thing missing in your report from the other report is the aggregation in the group footer. If you add that, it should work. The hide function works by knowing how many detail rows to hide.
  • roadblock2
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    I have a follow-up question on the same topic. I have gotten everything working the way I want it, so long as I remain in the viewer. When I export to pdf, everything is visible. Can I change the visibility setting in the same manner? Or do I need to script the visibility setting to check for the display style before outputting to pdf?

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, and thanks again for your help!
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    RB,

The client side script will probably only work in HTML outputs, so you'll probably have to check for PDF output if you're wanting it to look different in PDF.
  • Will this work only in commercial version? I could not get it to work in OS BIRT 4.6

• I could not get this working in 4.8. Any help would be appreciated.