Crosstabs: How to force data to repeat in the dimension columns

jgisler
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
My crosstab is suppressing duplicate row data for data in the same column. I would like BIRT to not suppress the duplicates but always print out the Term name

See the attached screen shot for example.

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi jgisler,

Is "Grade" a dimension as well? If so, you can move the Term dimension element over into the grade elements cell and put both values inside a grid. This would cause the "term" value to not be suppressed. Let me know if this is not the case.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • jgisler
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Thanks for your reply. I ended up pulling two sorting attributes (gradeDisplayOrder and termDisplayOrder) attached as attributes to a dimension higher up in the hierarchy into the hierarchy itself. This "fooled" the crosstab into thinking the Term was not a duplicate. Now I get all the Terms duplicated or not and the sorting is still correct.

Thanks.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Glad you got a solution. Let us know whenever you have questions! :)
  • francisco
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Hi jgisler, mwilliams,

I have the same problem and I would appreciate a more detailed explanation of both solutions.

Thanks.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Hi francisco,

What is your BIRT version? I'll make a quick example of what I was talking about.
  • francisco
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    I'm using BIRT 2.3.1.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks.<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66115" data-time="1278086734" data-date="02 July 2010 - 09:05 AM"><p>
    Hi francisco,<br />
    <br />
    What is your BIRT version? I'll make a quick example of what I was talking about.<br /></p></blockquote>
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Take a look at the attached report. Let me know if you have questions.
  • francisco
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    Thank you mwilliams! This is what I was looking for.
    Nevertheless, I can see a problem when exporting to excel. Sometimes, elements of one row appear in two rows.
    The attached picture shows what I'm trying to explain. Is there any way to solve this problem?
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    This must be an issue with the XLS emitter in 2.3.1 as it does not happen in the newest version, 2.6.0. Upgrading may be your best bet here.
  • @jgisler said:
    Thanks for your reply. I ended up pulling two sorting attributes (gradeDisplayOrder and termDisplayOrder) attached as attributes to a dimension higher up in the hierarchy into the hierarchy itself. This "fooled" the crosstab into thinking the Term was not a duplicate. Now I get all the Terms duplicated or not and the sorting is still correct.

Thanks.

I am facing the similar problem for one of my user requirement to repeat group dimension for each record of crosstab in birt. Could you please hlep me in fixing this problem. I will be grateful.

• @mwilliams said:
    Take a look at the attached report. Let me know if you have questions.

Dear William,

I just joined this discussion, could you please share the report you just quoted in this reply as I am also facing the similar problem to repeat one of group dimension in birt crosstab.

• Dear Fellows,

I am also facing the similar problem, I want to repeat value of group dimension for each row as my client wants to export data into excel and apply some filters. Since, crosstab automatically merge the group dimension and displays summarized data that is not intuitively required by my client. Could you guys help me to resolve this issue at earliest. Thank you in anticipation.

I have attached the screenshot of generated crosstab report in result of created group dimensions.

• Posted response on the other thread.