blank space in cascading report parameter

Rajesh kmr
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
while creating a cascade parameter,the first parameter is coming in right way but after selecting first parameter the second parameter is populating with extra space,this is same for single select and also for multiple select,on certain forums i read to check the isrequired option,i checked but also it coming.

how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks

Comments

• mcremer
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Rajesh kmr'" data-cid="82431" data-time="1315475606" data-date="08 September 2011 - 02:53 AM"><p>
    while creating a cascade parameter,the first parameter is coming in right way but after selecting first parameter the second parameter is populating with extra space,this is same for single select and also for multiple select,on certain forums i read to check the isrequired option,i checked but also it coming.<br />
    <br />
    how to get rid of this problem. <br />
    <br />
    Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Is this in the input page it only has that in the Designer of the Edeting Cascading Parameter Group. When you are in the input page it doenst show (pro and free).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Rajesh kmr
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I am getting this problem in report designer and BIRT server(Free edition) too...

I am a newbie to this could you please explain in detail..! Its very urgent requirement for me....!Looking for your earliest reply.

Thanks,
    Rajesh.
  • mcremer
    edited September 8, 2011 #4
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Rajesh kmr'" data-cid="82434" data-time="1315476465" data-date="08 September 2011 - 03:07 AM"><p>
    I am getting this problem in report designer and BIRT server(Free edition) too...<br />
    <br />
    I am a newbie to this could you please explain in detail..! Its very urgent requirement for me....!Looking for your earliest reply.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks,<br />
    Rajesh.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    I think were having a MAJOR miss cumunication.<br />
    <br />
    What I said it looks like that in the Editor:<br />
  • Rajesh kmr
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mcremer'" data-cid="82433" data-time="1315476184" data-date="08 September 2011 - 03:03 AM"><p>
    Is this in the input page it only has that in the Designer of the Edeting Cascading Parameter Group. When you are in the input page it doenst show (pro and free).<br /></p></blockquote>
  • Rajesh kmr
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Hi,

Please find attached screen shot looking for space marked with color. this extra blank space in parameter trying to avoid. is solution how we can remove this extra space. Please reply soon.

Thanks
  • mcremer
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Rajesh kmr'" data-cid="82439" data-time="1315479911" data-date="08 September 2011 - 04:05 AM"><p>
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    Please find attached screen shot looking for space marked with color. this extra blank space in parameter trying to avoid. is solution how we can remove this extra space. Please reply soon.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Thats becouse indeed there not mandatory but get the data only when you select and also the type if you have a list box it will do that and set it on the first result it finds.
  • Rajesh kmr
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    thanks for reply,

I want to get rid of this space,because if a user selects this space then he will get an error that please select a data.Is there any to get rid of this extra space.
    although i have made it mandatory .

But when i am assigning the default value to multiple select then first time it is not showing any space ,,but as soon as i select any parameter to populate that multiple select then i am getting that space.

i.e according to attachment if i will select site id then in team id this space will come.

please help me to get rid of this space.
  • Rajesh kmr
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    please suggest a solution friends, or you are also facing same problem,

we should try to over come from this problem.

thanks
  • Demolisher
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    there is a js file named AbstractParameterDialog.js present in org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.6.2.r262_v20110214 plugin inside birt\webcontent\birt\ajax\ui\dialog

in that file we have a for loop
    for( var i = 0; i < selections.length; i++ )

IN this code replace i = 0 with i = 1 so that the code becomes

for( var i = 1; i < selections.length; i++ )

this will help to remove the extra blank line.
  • Dear @Demolisher,

I have just seen this useful discussion, I am also facing a similar problem.