Cant crate new iServer Profile

bpben
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
HEllo all,

I am new to Actuate/Birt. Currently I am responsible for doing Actuate/Birt installations. I am halfway through the installation for one of my clients. I have set up the usernames for the iserver, the paths for all the Actuate stuff, the X Frame buffer, and etc.

I am now trying to create a new iServer Profile. I know the IP address to the iserver. The IP address to my knowledge is correct in the "iServer:" field of New iServer Profile, but I keep getting an error.

The error is: Cannot connect to http://(URL/IP ADDRESS):8000

port 8000 was the default that I accepted during the installation process.

Thanks,

bpben

Comments

• RSiegler
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    bpben,

Are you able to ping and tracert to the iServer machine via command prompt on your designer machine?

If so, I would contact Actuate Support to investigate the issue further.
    Sometimes firewalls and security software can prevent the program from connecting to the iServer for a profile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • bpben
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    RSiegler,

That was one of the first points that Actuate Support brought up. Initially I was not able to ping or tracert, but after getting with my Network Admin I was able to do so.

Actuate support hasnt been very helpful on this issue thus far, but hopefully something gets figured out.

Thank you for the response.

-bpben
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hi bpben,
    Are you creating iServer profile in BIRT Designer Professional? Did your issue get resolved?
  • bpben
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="102031" data-time="1339098176" data-date="07 June 2012 - 12:42 PM"><p>
    Hi bpben,<br />
    Are you creating iServer profile in BIRT Designer Professional? Did your issue get resolved?<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    I am creating an iServer profile in BIRT Designer Professional. After some more troubleshooting, we figured out that port 8000 is not an available port on the hosting server. It doesn't list when doing a netstat -tupln on the server.<br />
    <br />
    The iserver is running. I used the defaults given during the installation, i.e. port 8000 being the default port for which the Actuate iServer Message Distribution Service listens for requests.<br />
    <br />
    Do I re install and change the port numbers? How do I know which ports I can use for this process?<br />
    <br />
    Thanks,<br />
    <br />
    bpben
  • bpben
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Also... Does anyone know what file to look into in order to find out what port the iserver itself is running on?

Thanks all,

bpben
  • RSiegler
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    bpben,

If you have a support case currently open on this, it would be best to continue working on it there.

The technicians will need $AC_SERVER_HOME$/etc/acpmdconfig.xml and $AC_CONFIG_HOME$/*.*
    This will provide information on the PMD ports, Server SOAP Ports, Application Ports, etc that may aid in resolving the issue.