Cannot see whole design

mennovh
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have just recently moved to Birt 3.7.2 (All-in-one) form Birt 2.2.1. I have a couple of reports that contain tables with more than twenty columns. In Birt 2.2.1 this was no issue but when I try and work on the same report in 3.7.2 I just see the first couple of columns and when I scroll to the right to see the other columns aren't visible. When I click where the columns should be then I sometimes do get to see the columns but it is rather hit and miss.

Any ideas what could be causing this and anybody got the same issues?

Comments

• mennovh
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Okay on a hunch I found a workaround for this issue by setting the master page size to custom and then setting the width to a large value. I can now 'see' all my columns again in the layout tab.
  • CBR
    CBR
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    You can set the Layout Preference property to Auto Layout.
    The reason why it wasn't an issue in the previous version is that the default changed from Auto Layout to Fixed Layout between these two versions.

You can find the Layout Preference if you deselect any report element by clicking on an empty space in your report design and go to Property Editor Tab General.
    Be aware that the Layout Preference changes the way how BIRT interprets width and heights of elements.
  • mennovh
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="102826" data-time="1339481410" data-date="11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM"><p>
    You can set the Layout Preference property to Auto Layout.<br />
    The reason why it wasn't an issue in the previous version is that the default changed from Auto Layout to Fixed Layout between these two versions.<br />
    <br />
    You can find the Layout Preference if you deselect any report element by clicking on an empty space in your report design and go to Property Editor Tab General.<br />
    Be aware that the Layout Preference changes the way how BIRT interprets width and heights of elements.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    I have tried that but to no avail. What happens is that I can see the first couple of columns but when I scroll to the right I just get white space instead of the columns it should be showing.<br />
    <br />
    See the attached screenshot for an example of what I mean.