Data Objects disappearing from 'Manage Data' on Birt 360

asottile
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
All-

I have ran into random instances where I can?t view any data objects when attempting to build a dashboard in Birt 360.

Upon logging in as ?Administrator? and adding a new tab on Birt 360, I run into a problem where I can?t view any data objects in the ?Manage Data? queue. The Administrator has never needed privileges on any data objects to be able to view them.

I think it happens when I go in on the back end (management console) and delete the Data object thats currently being used in a Dashboard before manually removing it(subtracting it out in the "Manage Data") on the front end in birt 360. Is this a known error? Since this happens, it doesn't allow that user to view any data objects, even though they are in the Resource folder. Thus not letting that user create or edit any new dashboards.

Anthony

Comments

• averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Anthony,
    What version is this happening in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • asottile
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    We have Actuate 11, SP3.
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hi Anthony,
    In the Manage Data screen, there should be a refresh button on the right hand side between Available Data and Current Data Selection sections. Can you try clicking on "Refresh" icon and see if that fixes the issue.
  • xalperte
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="98661" data-time="1333664615" data-date="05 April 2012 - 03:23 PM"><p>
    Hi Anthony,<br />
    In the Manage Data screen, there should be a refresh button on the right hand side between Available Data and Current Data Selection sections. Can you try clicking on "Refresh" icon and see if that fixes the issue.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Hi All,<br />
    <br />
    I'm having the same problem, I cannot see any Data Object when the "Manage Data" dialog is shown. The refresh button is disabled and I cannot click over it.<br />
    <br />
    I'm using the version: 11 Service Pack 3 (Build 110E111028)<br />
    <br />
    I'm just now in the trial period, I would appreciate any help on this.<br />
    <br />
    Regards
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    What folder is your data object in? Does the user have necessary privileges to access this data?
  • xalperte
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Hi, thanks for your response.

I just seen that the Data Object files must be located in the "Resources" folder in order to be visible in the Data Manager dialog. I have published some "Data Object" files from the Reports Designer, and the system has automatically placed the files under the Resources folder.

Why that? Why we cannot put the files wherever we want inside the Encyclopedia?
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    The data object files needs to be in the resources folder for it to be recoginized by BIRT 360 (otherwise it does not know where to look for). You can define your resources folder wherever you like (you just need to configure iServer to tell where it is). Hope that resolves your issues.
  • xalperte
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="102044" data-time="1339112948" data-date="07 June 2012 - 04:49 PM"><p>
    The data object files needs to be in the resources folder for it to be recoginized by BIRT 360 (otherwise it does not know where to look for). You can define your resources folder wherever you like (you just need to configure iServer to tell where it is). Hope that resolves your issues.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Yes, thank you! I just put the files under the Resources folder and everything runs Ok.
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    Very cool. In case you want to change resource folder here are some instructions you might find helpful:
    http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1461-changing-resource-folder-on-birt-iserver/