DATA OBJECTS in Actuate Birt for Report Dashboard

Madhubanti
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi All

I have some BIRT reports. I want to see the dashboard feature for these reports. I have made dataobjects from the rptdesign files. But I am not getting any data in the dataset of the data object. Please help me regarding the issue.

The existing reports are maximo reports and I have used maximoDatSource there.

Thanks

Comments

• averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Madhubanti,
    You can gadgetize any BIRT report and use it in dashboards (available in version 11 of BIRT iServer). To see the report in dashboard, just add a new dashboard tab(or open an existing one), click on "Add Content", select "Report" from New gadget, and drag the report icon to your dashboard. In the report gadget wizard you can specify the location of your report.
    Regarding dataobject issue, I need a little bit more information about Maximo ODA that you are using. What BIRT designer are you using? Are you able to see data in report preview and not in iServer?

Ashwini
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Madhubanti
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi Ashwini

We are using Actuate Birt Designer Professional. The reports we have made uses maximoDataSource. We are able to see data preview of the reports in the designer and as well as in iServer.

The issue comes when we want to implement datadesign files to use in dashboard. We have made data objects from the reports datasource and datasets. The datadesign files are placed in resources folder. But we are unable to get data in preview results for the datasets of the dataobject.

Please help.

Thanks
    Madhu
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hi Madhu,
    How are you previewing the data from data object? If you want to see this in a dashboard gadget, you could use data vizualization gadget. See the following blog, it has some helpful videos on how to use it:
    http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/blog/3/entry-187-build-your-own-dashboards-with-birt-and-google-gadgets/

Ashwini
  • Madhubanti
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Hi Ashwini

Actually I am talking about Actuate Birt Designer Professional. I have published both the reports and datadesign files to iserver and able to run those but the thing is that the data is not coming in datadesign file.

So I checked on the Actuate Birt Designer Professional, and found that in preview result of the datadesign file no data are coming.

In Actuate Birt Designer Professional the report is running fine, data is coming, but datadesign file exported from the report is not having any data. So I am asking if any settings is required for the same or how can I get result on that. I have attached the screenshot for the same.

Thanks
    Madhu
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Looks like a bug in Maximo ODA that you are using. Where did you get this ODA from?
  • Madhubanti
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Hi Ashwini

We are using BIRT for creating reports in Maximo. So we are having the datasource details of maximo from our environment.
    Actually it is working fine for reports but not for dataobjects.
    Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Madhu
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Yes, there is a separate function for getting the preview data and seems like it is not implemented in your ODA and that is the reason you see data in your report but not in the preview.
  • Madhubanti
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    But it shows the preview data for reports. And if it's the reason then it should show the data in the dashboard which it is not showing.
  • fatimanoor
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    actually we are using birt designer .the data design are placed in resources but we are unable to get data in preview result for datasets of the data object.....................
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #11
    hi fatimanoor,
    You will need to materialize the .datadesign files to .data files and use that in your reports/gadgets.
  • <p>How can I "materialize" a datadesign to data object?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Benjamin</p>