BIRT - PDF rendering diferent fonts [SOLVED]

smgomes
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

recently I had this problem: although my font Verdana is installed on the system (Ubuntu12.04) and my reports in Verdana font too, the PDF file appear in Times New Roman, after a google search I saw that others users had the same problem...so I decided create this topic hoping to help..

Method to solve (Linux):
Verdana is installed in this folder : /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts in my case
Edit the fontsConfig.xml in plugin folder and add the following line:
<path path="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts" /> to <fonts-path>

Method to solve (Mac):
Edit the fontsConfig.xml in plugin folder and add the following line:
<path path="/Library/Fonts" /> to <fonts-path>

Best regards!

Reply to this topic : http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/23508-birt-3-7-pdf-rendering-in-different-fonts/page__s__cc019fc2d87e2caa9667d1d45ca34e13
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• kclark
    kclark E
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Thanks for letting us know! If there isn't one already you could submit a devshare for that.
  • Priya R
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi,

How do we modify this fontsConfig.xml in the latest version of BIRT. We do't have the plugins folder in the latest version.
    I am using BIRT4.2.0.

Regards,
    Priya
  • smgomes
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110627" data-time="1350497925" data-date="17 October 2012 - 11:18 AM"><p>
    Thanks for letting us know! If there isn't one already you could submit a devshare for that.<br /></p></blockquote>
    Done! ;)