Creating a Footer, fixed to the bottom of last page.

CTime
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

We are using BIRT Version: 3.4.2.

We are currently creating a report which has a Header including company logo which appears on the first page, Body made up of a list and a footer which we want to print on the bottom of the last page.

We currently have 2 tables which we would like to set as footers. Using the HIDE ELEMENT functionality in the VISIBILITY property editor, only one table is displayed at one time depending if the address is FOREIGN or LOCAL. The tables are also associated to a data set in order to display a value, TOTAL COST. All this functionality is working as desired.

However, the 'footer' is being printed directly below the Body list. Is there any way we can fix this to the bottom of the page?

Thanks for your help.

Nikolai

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    And you can't use the masterpage footer? You can't use a BIRT table in the mp, but you could create a HTML table. Let me know.

One other question. Is the "footer table" a fixed size or does it depend on the data?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • jain
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi Micheal,

How can I create grid on the masterpage footer, which should contain current group dataset value in it.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    What's your BIRT version? If you're using 2.5+, you should be able to do this with a page variable, which you can create in the data explorer. You'd simply update the variable for each group or page and then display the variable using a masterpage variable auto-text, from the palette.
  • jain
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Thanks for your rsponse Michael, actually I am using Birt3.7 and I have tried with your solution but its not working for me. I want to display the current group value on master page. It would be more helpful if you could provide me some sample design file.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Take a look at this one. Remember to run it in the web viewer.
  • jain
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Thanks Michael, I have checked the rptdesign file which you have provided, the current group value is displaying correctly in masterpage only when we preview it in webviewer, value is coming improper when I preview it in pdf/ppt format. I want to know its a fuctionality behaviour or is there a way to fix this issue?
  • Mad1s0n
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    I filed a <a class='bbc_url' href='https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=373053'>bug entry</a> a while ago for this purpose
  • jain
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    Thanks Madison for your valuable information.
  • Jenkinsj5
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Mad1s0n'" data-cid="112786" data-time="1356615341" data-date="27 December 2012 - 06:35 AM"><p>
    I filed a <a class='bbc_url' href='https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=373053'>bug entry</a> a while ago for this purpose<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    I looked at bug entry 373053 , seems to me like the easiest solution would be to put a grid with a bunch of empty labels (or whatever) with borders at the bottom of the report. Maybe I am not seeing why it needs to be in the master page footer?
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #11
    The web viewer is simply using separate run and render tasks. When you run to the other formats, from the designer, it uses the runandrender task. That's why I say to use the web viewer. If you want to see other outputs, run to the web viewer, then export to your desired output. In your deployment, you'll either write the code to use separate run and render tasks or if using the sample viewer, just use the frameset option in the url, rather than run. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your issue.
  • jain
    edited December 31, 1969 #12
    Thanks a lot Michael, the information is really helpful for me.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #13
    You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions! :)