Maximo 7.5 reports with dynamic parameters seem stuck in BIRT processing queue

tanyd
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Comments

• micajblock
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Andy,
    Are the reports from an earlier version? Do the reports rim in the designer?
  • tanyd
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I am using Birt 2.3.2(Eclipse version 3.4.2) now and these reports are working no problems in designer and earlier version of Maximo(7.1).

I think my current Birt version is the right one for Maximo 7.5.0.2. As I know, only Maximo 7.5.0.3 or later requires Birt 3.7.1.
  • micajblock
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'tanyd'" data-cid="114985" data-time="1363049867" data-date="11 March 2013 - 05:57 PM"><p>
    I am using Birt 2.3.2(Eclipse version 3.4.2) now and these reports are working no problems in designer and earlier version of Maximo(7.1). <br />
    <br />
    I think my current Birt version is the right one for Maximo 7.5.0.2. As I know, only Maximo 7.5.0.3 or later requires Birt 3.7.1.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Yes, you are using the right version of BIRT. Is the database the same? I know of no reason why it would work in the designer bit not in Maximo.
  • tanyd
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    The databse is the same one but Maximo has been upgraded from 7.1 to 7.5. The reports still work in Maximo, I mean, I can get the correct report results.

The issue is the report job seems to be hanging in 'View Report Processing' window after the report has been successfully generated and closed if the report uses dynamic parameter.

What I want to make sure is what we normally do in scripts if we use scripted dataset for dynamic paramters. I am afraid I missed something, or maybe this is just a bug in Maximo 7.5. Thanks for your help.
  • jverly01
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Is it just the 'MnthlyWoStatus' report that seems to get stuck or do other reports get stuck too?
  • tanyd
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jverly01'" data-cid="115153" data-time="1363624842" data-date="18 March 2013 - 09:40 AM"><p>
    Is it just the 'MnthlyWoStatus' report that seems to get stuck or do other reports get stuck too?<br /></p></blockquote>
    The 'MthlyWoStatus' report jobs got stuck for a very long time and couldn't get rid of them through Maximo interface, I have used script to remove them from database.<br />
    <br />
    For any other report which uses dynamic parameters will only be hanging in 'View Report Processing' window for around 30 minutes and then gone. As I said in above threads, I can get correct report in seconds, just the report job seems hanging in 'View Report Processing'. Once there are over 9 jobs hanging there, Maximo 7.5 doesn't allow to run any new report.
  • ravag3
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Hello, very interested to see the possible solutions for this question as I've seen a number of "stuck thread" issues for 7.5.x across several of my clients.<br />
    <br />
    Out of interest, do you also get errors in the logs, similar to the below? <br />
    <br />
    <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>13 Mar 2013 08:26:00:776 [ERROR] [MXServer] [] A thread running a report seems to be stuck. Details: threadName=[WebContainer : 10], report=[prprint.rptdesign], app=[PR], user=[JSMITH], scheduledJob=[false], startTime[Wed Mar 13 08:06:11 WST 2013], stuck for [1188 seconds ]</pre>
  • tanyd
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'ravag3'" data-cid="115299" data-time="1363910873" data-date="21 March 2013 - 05:07 PM"><p>
    Hello, very interested to see the possible solutions for this question as I've seen a number of "stuck thread" issues for 7.5.x across several of my clients.<br />
    <br />
    Out of interest, do you also get errors in the logs, similar to the below? <br />
    <br />
    <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>13 Mar 2013 08:26:00:776 [ERROR] [MXServer] [] A thread running a report seems to be stuck. Details: threadName=[WebContainer : 10], report=[prprint.rptdesign], app=[PR], user=[JSMITH], scheduledJob=[false], startTime[Wed Mar 13 08:06:11 WST 2013], stuck for [1188 seconds ]</pre></p></blockquote>
    Seems I am not the only lucky man...<br />
    <br />
    Yes, this is exactly what I got, same. Only in 7.5.x.<br />
    <br />
    01 Mar 2013 12:42:12:989 [ERROR] [MXServer] [] A thread running a report seems to be stuck. Details: threadName=[WebContainer : 3], report=[BusAllocationByContractArea.rptdesign], app=[ASSET], user=[CZTA], scheduledJob=[false], startTime[Fri Mar 01 12:21:57 CST 2013], stuck for [1215 seconds ]
  • paulk
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    I also have the issue with reports with dynamic parameters getting stuck. Mine always clear after the 30 minute limit. Never had a report stick around past that however.<br />
    <br />
    If only this report has a problem, I would check each dataset used for the parameters and ensure do not stay open.<br />
    I have the following code in the close event of each dataset where I initialize the MXReportScriptContext:<br />
    <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>MXReportScriptContext.close();</pre>
  • tanyd
    edited December 31, 1969 #11
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'paulk'" data-cid="115328" data-time="1363970606" data-date="22 March 2013 - 09:43 AM"><p>
    I also have the issue with reports with dynamic parameters getting stuck. Mine always clear after the 30 minute limit. Never had a report stick around past that however.<br />
    <br />
    If only this report has a problem, I would check each dataset used for the parameters and ensure do not stay open.<br />
    I have the following code in the close event of each dataset where I initialize the MXReportScriptContext:<br />
    <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>MXReportScriptContext.close();</pre></p></blockquote>
    Hi,those 4 report jobs appearing stuck for over 2000 hrs are individual cases,I think it's because of our Maximo upgrading(from 7.1.x to 7.5). All my other reports with dynamic parameters can clear after ~30mins. <br />
    <br />
    Also I tried to add MXReportScriptContext.close(); into Close event of the dataset, but seems making no difference. But thank you for your comments anyway.